UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
The Buffalo Bills and the Kansas City Chiefs will battle Sunday morning across the pond in an exciting Week 5 clash at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London. The Bills (3-1) knocked off the Miami Dolphins last week for their third straight win, while the Jaguars (2-2) snapped a two-game losing skid with a decisive victory over the Atlanta Falcons.
Buffalo Bills vs Jacksonville Jaguars – game predictions
- 1 Buffalo Bills vs Jacksonville Jaguars – game predictions
- 2 Buffalo Bills vs Jacksonville Jaguars – Can the Jags contain Stefon Diggs?
- 3 Key match details
The Bills are a 5.5-point favorite with a total of 48.5 points. Buffalo opened as a -5 favorite, and the line has moved slightly higher for this marquee matchup featuring two of the league’s premier quarterbacks.
Prediction 1: Stefon Diggs Over 84.5 Receiving Yards @ -110 (1.91)
Diggs has already surpassed 100 receiving yards in three games this season and is averaging nearly 10 targets each week. The Jaguars have the league’s 21st-ranked pass defense and surrender 238 yards per game despite facing two rookie quarterbacks and Desmond Ridder. Jacksonville excels at stopping opposing rushing attacks, which should lead Josh Allen to throw 35-plus passes for the third time this season. Look for Diggs to easily hit the century mark in receiving yards as Allen’s favorite target.
Prediction 2: Trevor Lawrence Under 247.5 Passing Yards @ -110 (1.91)
Lawrence has eclipsed 248 yards in just one game this season and squares off this week against the league’s fourth-ranked pass defense. The Bills faced three mediocre quarterbacks (Zach Wilson, Jimmy Garoppolo, and Sam Howell) before limiting Tua Tagovailoa to 282 yards last week in a lopsided affair. Buffalo is the slowest pace-of-play team in a neutral context and should put together several long drives against Jacksonville’s 17th-ranked defense that will prevent Lawrence from having enough opportunities to reach 248 yards again this week.
Buffalo Bills vs Jacksonville Jaguars odds
Based on moneyline odds, the Bills at -260 (1.38) odds are the more likely winners and have an implied win probability of 69.7%, while the Jets at +215 (3.15) odds have a 34.5% chance to win this game.
Buffalo Bills vs Jacksonville Jaguars – Can the Jags contain Stefon Diggs?
Jacksonville has a banged-up defense, with three players ruled out for Sunday’s game. Diggs is the Bills preferred pass-catcher and will have another productive day in London.
Buffalo Bills, news and injuries
Von Miller is trending in the right direction and could make his 2023 season debut this week. Allen is the team’s second-leading rusher with 106 yards. Defensive tackle Ed Oliver is playing at a high level with six three sacks and six tackles behind the line of scrimmage. James Cook has collected 296 rushing yards and 115 receiving yards on 11 catches.
Buffalo Bills injury report
• DE Greg Rousseau (Foot) – Out
• CB Christian Benford (Shoulder) – Questionable
• CB Tre’Davious White (Achilles) – Out
• LB Von Miller (Knee) – Questionable
Jacksonville Jaguars, news and injuries
The Jaguars are 0-1 in games as the underdog this season. Edge Rusher Josh Allen has tallied a league-high six sacks. Receivers Christian Kirk and Calvin Ridley have combined for 44% of Jacksonville’s pass attempts. Linebacker Foyesade Oluokun is fifth in the league with 46 tackles.
Jacksonville Jaguars injury report
• CB Christian Braswell (Hamstring) – Out
• OLB Dawuane Smoot (Achilles) – Out
• DL Folorunso Fatukasi (Shoulder) – Questionable
• WR Zay Jones (Knee) – Questionable
• LB Devin Lloyd (Thumb) – Out
• S Antonio Johnson (Hamstring) – Questionable
• WR Jamal Agnew (Quad) – Questionable
• WR Parker Washington (Knee) – Out
Buffalo Bills vs Jacksonville Jaguars head to head record
The all-time series is tied 9-9, but Jacksonville has won three of the last five meetings:
• 2021: Jaguars won 9-6 in Jacksonville
• 2018: Bills won 24-21 in Buffalo
• 2018: Jaguars won 10-3 in Jacksonville*
• 2016: Bills won 28-21 in Buffalo
• 2015: Jaguars won 34-31 in Jacksonville
* AFC Wild Card Game
Key match details
• Date & Time: Sunday, October 8, 2023, 09:30 a.m. ET
• Venue: Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London, England
• Where to watch match in UK: FuboTV or other live stream
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!