UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
The Raiders have been struggling so far in the new NFL season. They come in Week 5 on the back of three consecutive losses and badly need a break. The Packers also lost last weekend and they are under duress too after a 2-2 start. Which team will get back to the winning path? Here is our preview and our Raiders vs Packers predictions.
Las Vegas Raiders vs Green Bay Packers – game predictions
- 1 Las Vegas Raiders vs Green Bay Packers – game predictions
- 2 Raiders vs Packers preview – will Adams dominate against his ex-team?
- 3 Key match details
Prediction 1: Josh Jacobs touchdown anytime @ -167 (1.60)
Raiders’ running back Josh Jacobs led the entire league last season in rushing yards. He’s had an awful start to the new season though with only 2.3 yards per carry over the first four weeks. However, after a rough opening three games Jacobs came to life last weekend. In Week 4 Jacobs totals 139 all-purpose yards and also got his first touchdown of the campaign.
Now against a team that has serious issues stopping the rush Jacobs will look to be at least as effective and that’s why we back him to get another touchdown.
Prediction 2: Jordan Love over 15.5 rushing yards @ -125 (1.80)
The inexperienced QB of the Packers Jordan Love had an awful showing in Week 4. He was sacked 5 times and threw 2 interceptions. All that because he wasn’t moving fast enough out of a collapsing pocket. Love is a willing runner and with his protection not looking great right now, we can see him advised to rush more often instead of waiting for sacks.
Love ran for 17 or more yards twice this season already. That’s why we back him to go over the 15.5 spread in this game too.
Las Vegas Raiders vs Green Bay Packers odds
According to moneyline odds, the Raiders at -130 (1.77) odds are the expected winners and have a win probability of 56.50%, while the Packers at +110 (2.10) odds have a 47.60% chance to win this game.
Raiders vs Packers preview – will Adams dominate against his ex-team?
Will the new Raider Davante Adams be able to keep his emotions in check as he battles for the first time against the team he left in 2022 after 8 years of service to the Green Bay Packers?
Las Vegas Raiders form, news and injuries
The Raiders are under pressure after losing three games in a row. They are yet to get the ball rolling this season and haven’t scored more than 18 points in any of their opening four matches. At 1-3, they need the win now badly just to stay relevant in the playoff picture.
There was good news from the team this week. The main QB Jimmy Garoppolo has cleared a concussion protocol and he is ready to start again. Garoppolo holds a 3-1 record vs the Packers during his career, this including a playoff win.
Also, the ex-Packer and main wide receiver Davante Adams is expected to play. He’s questionable due to a shoulder injury but has returned to training on Saturday.
Las Vegas Raiders injury report:
- WR Davante Adams – questionable
- CB Jakorian Bennett – questionable
- CB David Long Jr. – questionable
- S Marcus Epps – questionable
- CB Nate Hobbs – out
- LB Curtis Bolton – out
- CB Brandon Facyson – on IR list (out)
- OT Dalton Wagner – on IR list (out)
- RB Brittain Brown – on IR list (out)
- LB Darien Butler – on IR list (out)
- RB Austin Walter – on IR list (out)
Green Bay Packers form, news and injuries
Green Bay Packers are 2-2 after losing 20-34 at home vs the Lions last weekend. Love was sacked 5 times in this match and the inability to protect their QB has been hurting the Packers so far. The fact that Love needs time to find a play, while his pocket tends to collapse way too fast only exasperates the problem. Love needs that time as the Packers have been awful at rushing the ball. They rank bottom 3 in rushing yards over 4 weeks.
The main RB Aaron Jones remains questionable but he should be able to play. Also, cornerback Jaire Alexander is a doubt. He’s badly needed to guard Adams.
Green Bay Packers injury report:
- RB Aaron Jones – questionable
- CB Jaire Alexander – questionable
- S Rudy Ford – questionable
- S Zayne Anderson – out
- CB Eric Stokes – out
- LB De’Vondre Campbell – out
- OT Luke Tenuta – on IR list (out)
- OT David Bakhtiari – on IR list (out)
- TE Tyler Davis – on IR list (out)
Raiders vs Packers head-to-head record
Here are the last 5 results:
- 20.10.19 NFL Green Bay Packers vs Las Vegas Raiders 42-24
- 23.08.19 NFL Las Vegas Raiders vs Green Bay Packers 22-21
- 25.08.18 NFL Las Vegas Raiders vs Green Bay Packers 13-6
- 19.08.16 NFL Green Bay Packers vs Las Vegas Raiders 20-12
- 20.12.15 NFL Las Vegas Raiders vs Green Bay Packers 20-30
Key match details
- Date & Time: Monday, October 09, 2023, 01:15 a.m. GMT / 08:15 p.m. ET
- Venue: Allegiant Stadium in Paradise, Nevada
- Where to watch the match in the UK: Sky Sports (TV), fuboTV, or the NFL App
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!