UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
In the most anticipated game of NFL’s Week 5, the San Francisco 49ers will host the Dallas Cowboys. The home team has a perfect 4-0 record and has eliminated the Cowboys from the Playoffs in the last two seasons. Dallas is also up to a good start with a 3-1 record and is coming for revenge at Levi’s Stadium.
San Francisco 49ers vs Dallas Cowboys – game predictions
- 1 San Francisco 49ers vs Dallas Cowboys – game predictions
- 2 49ers vs Cowboys preview – Emotional night for the Cowboys running back
- 3 Key match details
The 49ers are hosting the Cowboys as a -3.5 point favorites at the Levi’s Stadium. Check out our daily NFL player props page.
Prediction 1: Over 45 points @ -110 (1.90)
The last two season, the Niners cut the Cowboys Playoff dreams short reviving their rivalries from the 1990s when these two met three times in the Playoffs and the winner went on to win the Super Bowl. Both teams have not won the ultimate prize ever since and looking at the start of this season, they both seem ready to end the drought. Both teams are among the top three teams in the league in points allowed, and in top four in points scored, averaging around 31 per game. The total given margin is set at 45 and with all that hype and intensity that this game will bring, these two will combine for way more than that.
Prediction 2: Brock Purdy over 245.5 passing yards @ -110 (1.90)
The Niners QB has an impressive start of the season. Purdy leads the league with 115.1 rating and averages 254.8 passing yards per game. He has won the last 9 games as a starter and the last 12 when he played at least three quarters. Purdy has no turnover this season and will be ready for the task that comes with the Cowboys visit. The passing yards line is set on 245.5 for him which is something he will surpass in a hyped up contest like this.
San Francisco 49ers vs Dallas Cowboys odds
According to moneyline odds, the 49ers at -200 (1.50) odds are the more likely winners and have a win probability of 66.7%, while the Saints at 170 (2.70) odds have a 33.3% chance to win this game.
49ers vs Cowboys preview – Emotional night for the Cowboys running back
In last year’s clash at the Levi’s Stadium, Tony Pollard broke his leg. He was a replacement for Ezekiel Elliott in that game and now he is the main RB for Dallas after they released Elliott. Pollard had at least 70 rushing yards in three of his four appearances this season and hopes for another big night against the Niners.
San Francisco 49ers form, news and injuries
The 49ers are on a great start and are the only team besides the Philadelphia Eagles with a perfect record after four games. They are tied for third in the league in both points scored and points allowed which is something head coach Kyle Shanahan can be happy with. Brock Purdy is fantastic and Christian McCaffrey has the longest touchdown streak ever.
San Francisco 49ers injury report
• RB Elijah Mitchell (knee) – Out
• G Joe Feliciano (concussion) – Questionable
Dallas Cowboys form, news and injuries
The Cowboys scored at least 30 points in three of the four games so far and are going west with a 3-1 record. They are the best defensive team in the league allowing only 10.3 points per game and also lead the league with the highest-pressure rate of 48.9.
Dallas Cowboys injury report
• LB Damon Clarck (shoulder) – Questionable
• TE Peyton Hendershot (ankle) – Out
49ers vs Cowboys head to head record
The 49ers vs Cowboys all time record is tied at 19-19-1. The Niners won 4 of the last 5 contests.
• 2023: 49ers won 19-12 in San Francisco
• 2012: 49ers won 23-17 in Dallas
• 2020: Cowboys won 41-33 in Dallas
• 2019: 49ers won 17-9 in San Francisco
• 2018: 49ers won 24-21 in San Francisco
Key match details
• Date & Time: Sunday, October 8, 2023, 09:25 GMT
• Venue: U.S. Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MN
• Where to watch match in UK: Sky Sports (TV), fuboTV, or other live stream
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!