UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
The struggling Denver Broncos finally got off the mark in the new NFL season last weekend when they beat the Bears in Windy City. Now they host another 1-3 team in the New York Jets. Only one of those teams will still be harbouring realistic playoff hopes after this meeting. Who can keep their season alive? Here are our Broncos vs Jets predictions and the latest team news.
Denver Broncos vs New York Jets – game predictions
- 1 Denver Broncos vs New York Jets – game predictions
- 2 Broncos vs Jets preview – can Hall’s running beat the hosts?
- 3 Key match details
Prediction 1: Denver Broncos to win @ -140 (1.71)
The Broncos are fresh from earning their first win of the season last weekend. They are back home for this one and will be eager to resurrect their playoff chances with another victory. The Broncos won 7 of the last 10 H2Hs. They secured blowout wins to zero in 2 of their last 3 home games vs the Jets – 26-0 in 2021 and 23-0 in 2017.
The Jets arrive in Denver without their starting QB Aaron Rodgers and after losing their only road game so far 10-30 to the Cowboys.
Prediction 2: Zach Wilson over 0.5 interceptions @ -138 (1.73)
New York Jets have to use their backup quarterback Zach Wilson right now and he has been pretty unpredictable so far. The general feeling is that Zach struggles when under pressure. Zach Wilson has been sacked 8 times over 4 games. He has thrown 4 interceptions in those 4 matches too.
With the Broncos expected to attack the pocket a lot, Zach Wilson will be forced to throw snap passes and that’s why we think he will throw at least one interception, which is his average per game anyway.
Denver Broncos vs New York Jets odds
According to moneyline odds, the Broncos at -140 (1.71) odds are the expected winners and have a win probability of 58.30%, while the Jets at +120 (2.20) odds have a 45.50% chance to win this game.
Broncos vs Jets preview – can Hall’s running beat the hosts?
Breece Hall vs the Broncos on Sunday
— Alex Caruso (@AlexCaruso) October 5, 2023
The Broncos resurrected their playoff hopes last weekend but they need more wins. Are the Jets really doomed without the injured Aaron Rodgers?
Denver Broncos form, news and injuries
Denver edged the Bears 31-28 in Chicago last Sunday to move to 1-3 and restore some hope that the season could still be saved. QB Russell Wilson showed his experience in this match and he’s been doing his thing with 9 passing touchdowns and only 2 interceptions through 4 games.
The big problem so far had been the awful defending. The Broncos are dead last as a team in stopping the rush. This is a reason for major concern considering how often the Jets use the rushing game to advance up the field. Still, the Broncos will feel good about themselves and Russell Wilson plays at a solid level right now.
Denver Broncos injury report:
- RB Javonte Williams – questionable
- C Lloyd Cushenberry – questionable
- DT Mike Purcell – questionable
- LB Josey Jewell – out
- LB Baron Browning – out
- TE Greg Dulcich – on IR list (out)
- S Caden Sterns – on IR list (out)
- OT Alex Palczewski – on IR list (out)
- S P.J. Locke – on IR list (out)
- CB K’Waun Williams – on IR list (out)
- WR Jalen Virgil – on IR list (out)
- LB Jonas Griffith – on IR list (out)
- WR Tim Patrick – on IR list (out)
New York Jets form, news and injuries
The Jets stunned the Bills in a dramatic Week 1 that saw their star QB Aaron Rodgers exiting the field injured after only 4 plays. Zach Wilson has been starting quarterback since and he is yet to record a win as a starter.
The Jets are now 1-3 and their season looks over already as Zach Wilson showed that he can’t cope with the pressure very well. The only away game for the Jets so far was a 10-30 loss vs the Cowboys. Zach Wilson threw 3 interceptions in that match.
The bright spark up to this moment had been RB Breece Hill, who has ran for 210 yards over 4 games. The Jets can also count on their defence and they are ranked 14th in the Points Against category.
New York Jets injury report:
- OT Billy Turner – questionable
- LB Sam Eguavoen – questionable
- CB D.J. Reed – out
- S Jarrick Bernard-Converse – out
- CB Brandin Echols – out
- WR Corey Davis – out
- QB Aaron Rodgers – on IR list (out)
- OT Carter Warren – on IR list (out)
- OT Duane Brown – on IR list (out)
- TE Kenny Yeboah – on IR list (out)
- CB Javelin Guidry – on IR list (out)
- DE Ifeadi Odenigbo – on IR list (out)
- LB Hamsah Nasirildeen – on IR list (out)
- LB Maalik Hall – on IR list (out)
Broncos vs Jets head-to-head record
Here are the last 5 results:
- 23.10.22 NFL Denver Broncos vs New York Jets 9-16
- 26.09.21 NFL Denver Broncos vs New York Jets 26-0
- 02.10.20 NFL New York Jets vs Denver Broncos 28-37
- 07.10.18 NFL New York Jets vs Denver Broncos 34-16
- 10.12.17 NFL Denver Broncos vs New York Jets 23-0
Key match details
- Date & Time: Sunday, October 08, 2023, 09:25 p.m. GMT / 04:25 p.m. ET
- Venue: Empower Field in Denver, Colorado
- Where to watch the match in the UK: Sky Sports (TV), fuboTV, or the NFL App
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!