UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
The new NFL season for both the Bears and the Broncos started awfully and something’s got to give now as two 0-3 teams face each other in the Windy City. The Bears are trying to snap out of the worst in franchise history losing streak – 13 consecutive games. The Broncos just allowed 70 points last weekend to hit a new low. Which team can find some self-belief and ease the pressure?
Chicago Bears vs Denver Broncos – game predictions
- 1 Chicago Bears vs Denver Broncos – game predictions
- 2 Bears vs Broncos preview – will sacks decide the match?
- 3 Key match details
Prediction 1: Khalil Herbert under 41.5 rushing yards @ -120 (1.83)
Last season the Chicago Bears ranked first for rushing yards and Khalil Herbert was flying for them. However, after 3 games this campaign the Bears rank only 17th and Herbert is yet to rush for more than 35 yards in a game. He is averaging only 31.0 rushing yards per game so far this campaign.
This, plus the fact that Herbert is now sharing the carries with the impressive rookie Roschon Johnson (5.3 yards per carry this season) makes us believe that yet again Herbert won’t go over 41.5 rushing yards in Week 4.
Prediction 2: Justin Fields over 0.5 passing touchdowns @ -200 (1.50)
Chicago’s quarterback Justin Fields is under huge pressure to end the 13-game losing run. He’s been far from impressive so far. Yet, he found a way to record a passing touchdown in all 3 games so far this season.
Fields will surely fancy his chances to continue that streak against the worst defence in the entire league. The Broncos allow 40.7 points per game, they were trashed last weekend, so we can see Fields registering another passing touchdown.
Chicago Bears vs Denver Broncos odds
According to moneyline odds, the Broncos at -170 (1.59) odds are the expected winners and have a win probability of 63.00%, while the Bears at +150 (2.50) odds have a 40.00% chance to win this game.
Bears vs Broncos preview – will sacks decide the match?
The Bears QB Justin Fields is the most sacked quarterback in the entire league since the start of 2022 – 71 sacks suffered. However, during that same period, the Broncos are the team that have allowed the most sacks (73) against their QBs.
Chicago Bears form, news and injuries
The Bears made it 13 consecutive defeats last weekend when they lost 10-41 in Kansas in front of the eyes of Taylor Swift. It was another awful showing from the Bears and they continue to struggle with their rushing game, while the passing one hasn’t been a weapon ever since Fields became their starting QB.
The Bears average only 15.7 points per game after 3 weeks and they need to find a way to start scoring more if they want to end the losing run. At 0-3, the pressure is great but there were some promising glimpses in Week 1 in the only home match so far and hopes are that Fields can finally start cooking at Soldier Field.
Chicago Bears injury report:
- RB Travis Homer – questionable
- S Eddie Jackson – out
- CB Jaylon Johnson – out
- DE Khalid Kareem – on IR list (out)
- OT Braxton Jones – on IR list (out)
- C Doug Kramer – on IR list (out)
- CB Kyler Gordon – on IR list (out)
- WR Joe Reed – on IR list (out)
- OT Teven Jenkins – on IR list (out)
- LB Buddy Johnson – on IR list (out)
Denver Broncos form, news and injuries
Denver Broncos suffered a mighty humiliation last weekend when they lost 20-70 to the Dolphins in Miami. It was an awful showing from the defence with the Broncos allowing 350 rushing yards in that game. Denver rank last in terms of stopping the rush in the entire league and this has been the main reason why they find themselves in a deep 0-3 hole.
The Broncos were unfortunate to lose their first 2 matches though (16-17 vs the Raiders and 33-35 vs the Commanders). Veteran QB Russel Wilson knows he’s under duress and as NFL history shows us teams that have suffered bad humiliations tend to bounce back the week after with much better displays.
Also, the Broncos are trying to make it 4 consecutive wins at Soldier Field.
Denver Broncos injury report:
- S Justin Simmons – questionable
- DT Mike Purcell – out
- LB Frank Clark – out
- LB Josey Jewell – out
- LB Baron Browning – out
- TE Greg Dulcich – on IR list (out)
- S Caden Sterns – on IR list (out)
- OT Alex Palczewski – on IR list (out)
- S P.J. Locke – on IR list (out)
- CB K’Waun Williams – on IR list (out)
- WR Jalen Virgil – on IR list (out)
- LB Jonas Griffith – on IR list (out)
- WR Tim Patrick – on IR list (out)
Bears vs Broncos head-to-head record
Here are the last 5 results:
- 15.09.19 NFL Denver Broncos vs Chicago Bears 14-16
- 19.08.18 NFL Denver Broncos vs Chicago Bears 23-24
- 11.08.17 NFL Chicago Bears vs Denver Broncos 17-24
- 12.08.16 NFL Chicago Bears vs Denver Broncos 0-22
- 22.11.15 NFL Chicago Bears vs Denver Broncos 15-17
Key match details
- Date & Time: Sunday, October 01, 2023, 06:00 p.m. GMT / 01:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: Soldier Field in Chicago, Illinois
- Where to watch the match in the UK: Sky Sports (TV), fuboTV, or the NFL App
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!