UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
NFL’s Week 4 will bring us the NFC South matchup between the New Orleans Saints and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Both teams have a lot of players on the injury list, which makes this game more difficult to predict. Given the odds, the Saints are the favourites but no one can really count out the Buccaneers.
New Orleans Saints vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers – game predictions
- 1 New Orleans Saints vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers – game predictions
- 2 Saints vs Buccaneers preview – How good Jameis Winston will be against his former team?
- 3 Key match details
The Saints are hosting the Buccaneers as a -3.5 point favorites at the Caesars Superdome. Check out our daily NFL player props page.
Prediction 1: Saints to win @ -180 (1.55)
Both teams are going into Week 4 with a 2-1 record and the result of this game may set the tone for the NFC South Division. All three of the Saints games finished with a margin no bigger than three points, and we expect another tough battle on Sunday. Both teams have many injured players, but looking at the names, it seems like the Bucs are hurt more. All eyes will be on the Saints QB Jameis Winston who will play against his former team. He had only 101 passing yards is the last week’s 18-17 loss to the Packers, and he will be the one to step up this week and lead the Saints to the win.
Prediction 2: Under 40 points @ -110 (1.90)
The total point line is set at 40 for this game which is not high. Still, if we look back at the numbers, it goes like this. The last three games between the Saints and the Buccaneers finished under 40. All three of the Saints’ games and two of the three Bucs’ games this season ended under this line. So, as the numbers never lie, we would go with under 40 for this game as well.
New Orleans Saints vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers odds
According to moneyline odds, the Saints at -180 (1.55) odds are the more likely winners and have a win probability of 62.3%, while the Buccaneers at +165 (2.65) odds have a 37.7% chance to win this game.
Saints vs Buccaneers preview – How good Jameis Winston will be against his former team?
There will be no more hyped up player than the Saints QB Jameis Winston who will have a chance to go against the team where he spent the first five years of his career. He is coming off just an average performance last week, and it will be interesting to see how good he will be against the Bucs.
New Orleans Saints form, news and injuries
The top news for the Saints is the return of Alvin Kamara who will make his debut this season after serving the suspension. The running back will have a lot to prove and it will be interesting to see how ready he is at the moment.
New Orleans Saints injury report
• C Cesar Ruiz (concussion) – Out
• S Jordan Howden (finger) – Out
• CB Paulson Adebo (hamstring) – Out
• TE Foster Moreau (ankle) – Questionable
• QB Derek Carr (shoulder) – Questionable
Tampa Bay Buccaneers form, news and injuries
With a long list of injuries, the Bucs head coach Todd Bowles will have to work a magic and find the right lineup to give his team a chance on Sunday in New Orleans.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers injury report
• CB Carlton Davis III (toe) – Questionable
• CB Jamel Dean (foot) – Out
• LB Devin White (foot) – Questionable
• DT Vita Vea (pectoral) – Questionable
• CB Derrek Pitts (hamstring) – Out
• LB SirVocea Dennis (hamstring) – Out
• DT Calijah Kancey (calf) – Out
Saints vs Buccaneers head to head record
The Saints lead the all-time series against the Buccaneers 39-24 and have won 3 of the last 5 meetings.
• 2022: Buccaneers won 17-16 in Tampa Bay
• 2022: Buccaneers won 20-10 in New Orleans
• 2021: Saints won 9-0 in Tampa Bay
• 2021: Saints won 36-27 in New Orleans
• 2021: Buccaneers won 30-20 in New Orleans
Key match details
• Date & Time: Sunday, October 1, 2023, 06:00 GMT
• Venue: Caesars Superdome, New Orleans, LA
• Where to watch match in UK: Sky Sports (TV), fuboTV, or other live stream
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!