UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
The new NFL season is now in Week 3 and the unbeaten so far Ravens host the 1-1 Indianapolis Colts. The last clash between the teams went to overtime and they both have high ambitions to do well this season. Unfortunately, the main headlines in the build-up to this clash had been injury-related from both camps. It seems this will be a battle between the walking wounded. So, who will prevail in the Ravens vs Colts clash?
Baltimore Ravens vs Indianapolis Colts – game predictions
- 1 Baltimore Ravens vs Indianapolis Colts – game predictions
- 2 Ravens vs Colts preview – is Lamar the key?
- 3 Key match details
Prediction 1: Lamar Jackson under 27.5 passing attempts @ -120 (5/6)
Lamar Jackson is arguably the best rushing quarterback in the league. He averages over 8 rushing attempts per game, which naturally takes away from his passing attempts. To add to that we can see Baltimore taking a solid lead into the last quarter of this coming match vs the Colts. This should see Lamar stay away from the passing game and use his RBs frequently.
In our opinion, the combination of those two will be enough to keep Lamar Jackson’s passing attempts in this match below 28.
Prediction 2: Shaquille Leonard over 4.5 defensive tackles + assists @ -125 (4/5)
Linebacker Shaquille Leonard from the Indianapolis Colts accumulated 6 defensive tackles and 6 assists over the first two games. He had only 4 tackles + assists in the only road game so far, but now we back him to get to at least 5.
Considering, that the two main cornerbacks of the Colts are questionable for this game even more focus will fall on Leonard to deliver defensively. With the Ravens having serious injury problems of their own we back Shaquille to go over his tackles+assists spread.
Ravens vs Colts preview – is Lamar the key?
Baltimore Ravens form, news and injuries
Baltimore Ravens have looked impressive in their first two outings this season. They edged the Bengals 27-24 before destroying the weak Texans 25-9 last weekend. It has been solid displays in both those matches but the Ravens have been hit by a storm of injuries.
Just this Friday they ruled out as many as seven starters from the coming game vs the Colts.
“We thought we would have a couple of guys back this week, [but] they’ll be working for next week,” Ravens coach John Harbaugh said after Friday’s practice. “I feel good about the guys that are going to get an opportunity to play this week. They’re excited.”
Rashod Bateman and David Ojabo are set to get rare starts. Both should be pumped up to impress with Bateman and Jackson generally linking up well when they play together.
Baltimore Ravens injury report:
- CB Marlon Humphrey – out
- S Marcus Williams – out
- OT Ronnie Stanley – out
- LB Odafe Oweh- out
- C Tyler Linderbaum – out
- RB Justice Hill – out
- WR Odell Beckham Jr. – out
- G Andrew Vorhees – out
- LB Tyus Bowser – out
- LS Nick Moore – out
- CB Trayvon Mullen – out
- S Ar’Darius Washington – on IR list (out)
- RB J.K. Dobbins – on IR list (out)
- LB Malik Hamm – on IR list (out)
- CB Damarion Williams – on IR list (out)
- RB Keaton Mitchell – on IR list (out)
Indianapolis Colts form, news and injuries
The Colts suffered their first defeat of the season last weekend. They lost 21-31 vs the Jaguars. It wasn’t that bad of a display but an injury to the rookie QB Anthony Richardson (#4 Draft pick) proved decisive. The Colts have a W on the board from their 31-20 win vs the Texans.
Now without their starting QB and without their star running back Jonathan Taylor the Colts are expected to struggle. Taylor led the league in 2021 for rushing yards but he hasn’t played this season as he demanded a trade and has been frozen since. He would have been invaluable now the Colts have to lean on their second-choice QB but Taylor is refusing to bulge so he won’t be involved. This spells trouble.
Indianapolis Colts injury report:
- CB Dallis Flowers – questionable
- CB Kenny Moore II – questionable
- G Quenton Nelson – questionable
- QB Anthony Richardson – out
- RB Jonathan Taylor – out
- C Ryan Kelly – out
- RB Evan Hull – on IR list (out)
- TE Jelani Woods – on IR list (out)
- G Danny Pinter – on IR list (out)
- DE Titus Leo – on IR list (out)
- DE Genard Avery – on IR list (out)
- WR Ashton Dulin – on IR list (out)
Ravens vs Colts head-to-head record
Here are the last 5 results:
- 12.10.21 NFL Baltimore Ravens vs Indianapolis Colts 31-25 OT (25-25)
- 08.11.20 NFL Indianapolis Colts vs Baltimore Ravens 10-24
- 21.08.18 NFL Indianapolis Colts vs Baltimore Ravens 19-20
- 23.12.17 NFL Baltimore Ravens vs Indianapolis Colts 23-16
- 20.08.16 NFL Indianapolis Colts vs Baltimore Ravens 18-19
Key match details
- Date & Time: Sunday, September 24, 2023, 06:00 p.m. GMT / 01:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore, Maryland
- Where to watch the match in the UK: Sky Sports (TV), fuboTV, or the NFL App
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!