UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
The unbeaten Philadelphia Eagles will visit SoFi Stadium in Week 5 to butt heads against the Los Angeles Rams. The Eagles (4-0) survived a late rally by the Washington Commanders last week to earn their fourth straight victory. The Rams rebounded from back-to-back losses with a road win over the Indianapolis Colts.
Los Angeles Rams vs Philadelphia Eagles – game predictions
- 1 Los Angeles Rams vs Philadelphia Eagles – game predictions
- 2 Los Angeles Rams vs Philadelphia Eagles – Will the Rams pull off the upset?
- 3 Key match details
The Eagles are a 4.5-point favorite with a total of 50.5 points. Philadelphia opened as a -5.5 favorite, but the line has moved down in this potential high-scoring shootout.
Prediction 1: Jalen Hurts Over 241.5 Passing Yards @ -110 (1.91)
Hurts has come alive over the past two weeks, averaging 298 passing yards with three touchdowns. The Rams pass defense is ranked seventh but has been aided by average outings from Geno Smith (112 yards), Brock Purdy (206 yards), and Anthony Richardson (200 yards). The Rams’ second-ranked passing game should be able to exploit the Eagles’ sixth-worst pass defense, which will force the visitors to throw the ball in a high-scoring contest. Look for Hurts to throw for over 300 yards for the second time this season.
Prediction 2: Puka Nacua Over 63.5 Passing Yards @ -110 (1.91)
Nacua has exceeded 70 receiving yards in every game this year, and the rookie already has three 100-yard games on his resume. The Eagles have allowed six receivers to surpass 63.5 yards this season and are surrendering 261 passing yards each week. Philadelphia has limited opponents to just 63 rushing yards per game, which means Los Angeles will have to throw the ball to be competitive. Nacua will easily crack 64 yards in a wild contest with many points.
Los Angeles Rams vs Philadelphia Eagles odds
Based on moneyline odds, the Eagles at -225 (1.44) odds are the more likely winners and have an implied win probability of 68.6%, while the Rams at +180 (2.8) odds have a 35.7% chance to win this game.
Los Angeles Rams vs Philadelphia Eagles – Will the Rams pull off the upset?
The Eagles are undefeated but have won three games by six or fewer points. The Rams’ biggest strength is their passing game, which happens to be Philadelphia’s kryptonite. An upset is possible if the Rams’ defense can force a few turnovers.
Los Angeles Rams form, news and injuries
The Rams are 3-0-1 against the spread this year and have covered the spread twice when underdogs by 4 points or more. Nacua leads the NFL with 39 receptions and is second with 501 receiving yards. Running back Kyren Williams is third in the league with five rushing touchdowns. Linebacker Ernest Jones has tallied a team-high 38 tackles.
Los Angeles Rams injury report
• LB Christian Rozeboom (Neck) – Questionable
• RB Kyren Williams (Hip) – Questionable
• DE Desjuan Johnson (Thumb) – Doubtful
• T Alaric Jackson (Hamstring) – Questionable
• T Joe Noteboom (Groin) – Out
Philadelphia Eagles form, news and injuries
The Eagles are 4-0 this season when listed as the moneyline favorite. Jalen Hurts has thrown five touchdown passes and rushed for three scores. D’Andre Swift is the league’s second-leading rusher with 364 yards. Undrafted six-year veteran Nicholas Morrow leads the team with three sacks. The Eagles top the NFL in Time of Possession with 35:01 per game.
Philadelphia Eagles injury report
• WR Britain Covey (Concussion) – Questionable
• DT Fletcher Cox (Back) – Out
• DT Marlon Tuipulotu (Triceps) – Out
• OL Cam Jurgens (Foot) – Out
• S Sydney Brown (Hamstring) – Out
Los Angeles Rams vs Philadelphia Eagles head to head record
The Eagles lead the all-time series 22-20-1 and have won six of the last seven meetings:
• 2020: Rams won 37-19 in Philadelphia
• 2018: Eagles won 30-23 in Los Angeles
• 2017: Eagles won 43-35 in Los Angeles
• 2014: Eagles won 34-28 in Philadelphia
• 2011: Eagles won 31-13 in St. Louis
Key match details
• Date & Time: Sunday, October 8, 2023, 04:05 p.m. ET
• Venue: SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, California
• Where to watch match in UK: Sky Sports (TV), FuboTV, or other live stream
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!