UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
Both the New England Patriots and the New Orleans Saints are going into NFL’s Week 5 after tough losses last week. The Patriots are only 1-3 to start the season, and this is a big game for Bill Belichick’s team.
New England Patriots vs New Orleans Saints – game predictions
- 1 New England Patriots vs New Orleans Saints – game predictions
- 2 Patriots vs Saints preview – Will Bill Belichick make history on Sunday?
- 3 Key match details
The Patriots are hosting the Saints as a -1 point favorites at the Gillette Stadium. Check out our daily NFL player props page.
Prediction 1: Patriots to win @ -115 (1.85)
The Patriots are coming off a 38-3 loss to the Dallas Cowboys, the worst one in Bill Belichick’s career. That is a huge blow for the 8-time NFL champion, and he will put a lot of pressure on his players to perform well in this game. The Saints are not in a much better position as their quarterback Derek Carr is coming off his worst performance of the season in the Saints’ 26-9 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers last week. This is sort of a must-win game for the Patriots and Belichick will find a way to get the best out of his players and win this one.
Prediction 2: Under 39 points @ -110 (1.90)
Both teams have terrible offenses to start the season as both of them have gone over 20 points only once in the previous four games. The Saints are tied for 24th place with 15.5 points per game while the Patriots are 30th with 13.8. They both failed to score in double digits in the previous week and, even though, they can be worse than that, none team will score enough to take this game over 39 points in total.
New England Patriots vs New Orleans Saints odds
According to moneyline odds, the Patriots at -115 (1.85) odds are the more likely winners and have a win probability of 54%, while the Saints at -105 (1.96) odds have a 46% chance to win this game.
Patriots vs Saints preview – Will Bill Belichick make history on Sunday?
Last week Belichick failed to win his 300th career game and become the third head coach in NFL history to do so. Don Shula and George Halas are the only coaches who have reached this milestone, and we may witness history on Sunday at Gillette Stadium.
New England Patriots form, news and injuries
Having a 1-3 record to start the season doesn’t look promising at all for the Patriots and they will have to bounce back after a 38-3 loss to the Dallas Cowboys, Belichick’s worst loss in 29 years as a head coach.
New England Patriots injury report
• CB Jonathan Jones (ankle) – Questionable
• RB Rhamondre Stevenson (thigh) – Questionable
• OT Trent Brown (hamstring) – Questionable
• CB Christian Gonzalez (knee) – Out
New Orleans Saints form, news and injuries
The New Orleans Saints have difficult time scoring this season as they are dead last in the league with only 33.3% (4 of 12) scoring in the red zone. Still, having a 2-2 record while playing pretty bad is a solid start for the team. If there is one guy who has been on top of his game, that is rookie Blake Grupe who has scored 9 field goals in the first 4 matches of the season and is Saints’ top scorer so far in the season.
New Orleans Saints injury report
• OT Langdon Young (hip) – Out
• CB Lonnie Johnson Jr. (hamstring) – Out
• CB Paulson Adebo (hamstring) – Questionable
• OT James Hurst (knee) – Questionable
• TE Juwan Johnson (calf) – Out
Patriots vs Saints head to head record
The Patriots lead the Saints 10-5 in the all time series. New England was on a six-game winning streak before losing the last one to New Orleans
• 2021: Saints won 28-13 in New England
• 2017: Patriots won 36-20 in New Orleans
• 2016: Patriots won 34-22 in New England
• 2015: Patriots won 26-24 in New Orleans
• 2013: Patriots won 30-27 in New England
Key match details
• Date & Time: Sunday, October 8, 2023, 06:00 GMT
• Venue: Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, MA
• Where to watch match in UK: Sky Sports (TV), fuboTV, or other live stream
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!