UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
The Dolphins suffered their first defeat of the new NFL season last weekend and they will be looking to bounce back. Their next opponents are the 1-3 Giants who rank rock bottom for points scored and have been pretty poor so far. Will the Dolphins swim smoothly to another W on Sunday? Read on to find out all the latest news, as well as, our Dolphins vs Giants predictions.
Miami Dolphins vs New York Giants – game predictions
- 1 Miami Dolphins vs New York Giants – game predictions
- 2 Dolphins vs Giants preview – can somebody stop Tua?
- 3 Key match details
Prediction 1: Tyreek Hill over 6.5 total receptions @ -120 (1.83)
Miami’s star WR Tyreek Hill is the primary target when the Dolphins attack and he has been collecting passes with great efficiency all season. Hill had only 3 receptions in Week 4 but that was only due to the fact he was targeted just 5 times before being taken off the game.
In the first 3 matches Hill accumulated 25 receptions on 37 targets so over those 3 wins he averaged over 8 receptions per game. This is why we back Hill to bounce back from the rough match he had last week and cover his reception spread yet again.
Prediction 2: Raheem Mostert over 46.5 rushing yards @ -120 (1.83)
Our next betting tip looks at another Miami player. RB Raheem Mostert had two monster games in Weeks 2 and 3. He rushed for 121 yards against the Patriots and the following week he rushed for 82 yards vs the Broncos.
Mostert had an awful showing last weekend though. On 7 carries he rushed for just 9 yards and also his fumble early in the third quarter was costly. Determined to bounce back we back Mostert to go over 46 rushing yards this weekend. After all, he will be against the third-worst defence against the rush in the entire league.
Miami Dolphins vs New York Giants odds
According to moneyline odds, the Dolphins at -750 (1.13) odds are the expected winners and have a win probability of 88.20%, while the Giants at +525 (6.25) odds have a 16.00% chance to win this game.
Dolphins vs Giants preview – can somebody stop Tua?
The Dolphins welcome the Giants in what will be the first meeting between the teams in two years.
Miami Dolphins form, news and injuries
Miami started the season with three consecutive wins before last weekend they lost 20-48 to the Bills. This was the first game of the season in which the Dolphins struggled to get going offensively.
Despite the defeat, Miami continue to have the number 1 offense in the league. They rank first not only for Points For (37.5) but also for Passing Yards and Rushing Yards. Stopping them got for 30+ points in two consecutive weeks seems unlikely and the Dolphins will be eager to get back to the winning path straight away.
Miami Dolphins injury report:
- RB Saquon Barkley – questionable
- LB Micah McFadden – questionable
- TE Daniel Bellinger – questionable
- C John Michael Schmitz Jr. – out
- G Shane Lemieux- out
- OT Andrew Thomas – out
- TE Tommy Sweeney – out
- CB Aaron Robinson – out
- TE Chris Myarick – on IR list (out)
- WR Bryce Ford-Wheaton – on IR list (out)
- C J.C. Hassenauer. – on IR list (out)
- G Wyatt Davis – on IR list (out)
New York Giants form, news and injuries
The Giants are rock-bottom of the NFC East after a dismal 1-3 start. The Giants beat the crippled Cardinals in Week 2 but in their other three showing so far they had been pretty dismal. Their offense is not working at all and in their three defeats, they scored – 0, 3 and 12 points. This ranks them rock-bottom (32nd) for Points For – 11.5.
QB Daniel Jones continues to struggle and he’s passing only for 150 yards per game so far, which ranks him 30th of 32 starting QBs.
New York Giants injury report:
- DT Mike Purcell – questionable
- LB Frank Clark – out
- S Justin Simmons – out
- LB Baron Browning – out
- TE Greg Dulcich – on IR list (out)
- S Caden Sterns – on IR list (out)
- OT Alex Palczewski – on IR list (out)
- S P.J. Locke – on IR list (out)
- CB K’Waun Williams – on IR list (out)
- WR Jalen Virgil – on IR list (out)
- LB Jonas Griffith – on IR list (out)
- WR Tim Patrick – on IR list (out)
Dolphins vs Giants head-to-head record
Here are the last 5 results:
- 05.12.21 NFL Miami Dolphins vs New York Giants 20-9
- 15.12.19 NFL New York Giants vs Miami Dolphins 36-20
- 12.08.16 NFL New York Giants vs Miami Dolphins 10-27
- 15.12.15 NFL Miami Dolphins vs New York Giants 24-31
- 30.10.11 NFL New York Giants vs Miami Dolphins 20-17
Key match details
- Date & Time: Sunday, October 08, 2023, 06:00 p.m. GMT / 01:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: Hard Rock Stadium in Miami, Florida
- Where to watch the match in the UK: Sky Sports (TV), fuboTV, or the NFL App
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!