UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
The Broncos made an awful start to the new NFL season and they find themselves in a 0-2 hole coming into Week 3. Now they travel to Florida to face the 2-0 Miami Dolphins. Can Russel Wilson end Denver’s struggles? Will Tua’s amazing passing displays continue? Read on to find out all the latest news, as well as, our Dolphins vs Broncos predictions.
Miami Dolphins vs Denver Broncos – game predictions
- 1 Miami Dolphins vs Denver Broncos – game predictions
- 2 Dolphins vs Broncos preview – can Wilson dig the Broncos out of the hole?
- 3 Key match details
Prediction 1: Tua Tagovailoa over 21.5 passing completions @ -150 (4/6)
Miami’s star quarterback Tua Tagovailoa leads the entire NFL for passing yards after two games. Tua has thrown for 719 yards in two matches and he has made 49 pass completions, which averages to about 25 pass completions per game.
Tua has been hit only 4 times, the fewest of any QB after two games, so he releases the ball very early. Those two factors make us believe that for the third game running Tua Tagovailoa will go over his pass completion spread.
Prediction 2: Denver Broncos over 17.5 points @ -170 (10/17)
Despite starting the season 0-2 the Broncos haven’t played badly at all. They just struggled to finish matches and both their defeats were dramatic narrow ones. QB Wilson just threw for over 300 yards last weekend and rushed for over 50 to become the first-ever QB in NFL history to have more than 40,000 passing yards and more than 5,000 rushing yards.
The Broncos scored 49 points in their two defeats. They clearly can get hot easily and that’s why we back them to go over the 17.5-point spread given to them for the coming matchup vs the Dolphins, especially considering that the Dolphins allow 25.5 points against them right now.
Dolphins vs Broncos preview – can Wilson dig the Broncos out of the hole?
The Dolphins will face the Broncos for the first time in nearly three years and both teams don’t know each other that well as they roughly play at that frequency – once every three years.
Miami Dolphins form, news and injuries
Miami are enjoying a 2-0 start to the season with the Dolphins number one in passing yards as their QB Tua Tagovailoa has been sensational so far with 715 passing yards in two matches.
Miami struggled defensively though and they beat the Chargers 36-34 and the Patriots 24-17 but in both those matches the Dolphins trailed. They actually had to come three times from behind against the Charges before eventually defeating them.
There are some worries regarding Tua’s passing options in Week 3 as both TEs Hill and Kroft are listed as questionable. Still, we expect at least one of them to be patched up and play so expect Tua to be throwing for over 300 yards once more.
Miami Dolphins injury report:
- LB Jaelan Phillips – questionable
- OT Terron Armstead – questionable
- TE Julian Hill – questionable
- S Elijah Campbell – questionable
- DT Raekwon Davis – questionable
- TE Tyler Kroft – questionable
- RB Salvon Ahmed – questionable
- WR Jaylen Waddle – questionable
- CB Nik Needham – out
- CB Keion Crossen – on IR list (out)
- CB Jalen Ramsey – on IR list (out)
- RB Jeff Wilson Jr. – on IR list (out)
- G Robert Jones – on IR list (out)
Denver Broncos form, news and injuries
Denver Broncos are mightily unfortunate to be 0-2 after Week 2. They lost 16-17 vs the Raiders and then in an even more dramatic fashion lost 33-35 vs the Commanders last weekend. In both those games, Denver played well for 3 quarters but struggled finishing matches.
QB Russel Wilson is enjoying a great start to the season though. He had 5 TD passes and 485 passing yards in those two games and yet the Broncos are yet to win. Still, Wilson managed to lead his teams to the playoffs both times in his past he started with 0-2, so the confidence in Denver remains high. There is no more room for errors though and the Broncos are expected to be extra aggressive in Miami.
Denver Broncos injury report:
- DT Mike Purcell – questionable
- LB Frank Clark – out
- S Justin Simmons – out
- LB Baron Browning – out
- TE Greg Dulcich – on IR list (out)
- S Caden Sterns – on IR list (out)
- OT Alex Palczewski – on IR list (out)
- S P.J. Locke – on IR list (out)
- CB K’Waun Williams – on IR list (out)
- WR Jalen Virgil – on IR list (out)
- LB Jonas Griffith – on IR list (out)
- WR Tim Patrick – on IR list (out)
Dolphins vs Broncos head-to-head record
Here are the last 5 results:
- 22.11.20 NFL Denver Broncos vs Miami Dolphins 20-13
- 03.12.17 NFL Miami Dolphins vs Denver Broncos 35-9
- 23.11.14 NFL Denver Broncos vs Miami Dolphins 39-36
- 23.10.11 NFL Miami Dolphins vs Denver Broncos 15-18 OT (15-15)
- 02.11.08 NFL Denver Broncos vs Miami Dolphins 17-26
Key match details
- Date & Time: Sunday, September 24, 2023, 06:00 p.m. GMT / 01:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: Hard Rock Stadium in Miami, Florida
- Where to watch the match in the UK: Sky Sports (TV), fuboTV, or the NFL App
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!