UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
The new NFL season enters Week 4 and on Sunday we will be treated to a juicy AFC West clash between the Los Angeles Chargers and the Las Vegas Raiders. Both teams come into the match with 1-2 records and the duel promises to be close. Here is our preview and our Chargers vs Raiders predictions.
Los Angeles Chargers vs Las Vegas Raiders – game predictions
- 1 Los Angeles Chargers vs Las Vegas Raiders – game predictions
- 2 Chargers vs Raiders preview – will the home-team dominance continue?
- 3 Key match details
Prediction 1: Joshua Kelley touchdown anytime @ -133 (1.75)
The Chargers’ running back Joshua Kelley has been quiet in the last two weeks. He opened his season with a touchdown vs the Dolphins but has failed to add more to this tally. Kelly is used a lot in the red zone though and in both of the last matches he was stopped a yard or two from the end line.
We back Kelley to again be the primary option when the Chargers are inside the red zone and after two unlucky dry weekends we think Kelley will find a way to get his second TD of the season in Week 4.
Prediction 2: Divine Deablo over 8.5 defensive tackles + assists @ -138 (1.73)
Las Vegas Raiders’ linebacker Divine Deablo has been a beast on the defensive end so far. Over 3 games Deablo is averaging 9.0 defensive tackles + assists. He had 9, 10 and 8 of those in the 3 games so far.
Now with the Raiders on the road and expected to spend more time with their defensive unit active Deablo will get extra chances to do what he does best. This is why we back Deablo to at least reach his average for the season in Week 4.
Los Angeles Chargers vs Las Vegas Raiders odds
According to moneyline odds, the Chargers at -220 (1.45) odds are the expected winners and have a win probability of 68.80%, while the Raiders at +190 (2.90) odds have a 34.50% chance to win this game.
Chargers vs Raiders preview – will the home-team dominance continue?
Every AFC West game so far had been won by the home team. Can the Chargers continue this, or the Raiders will come and steal the W?
Los Angeles Chargers form, news and injuries
The Chargers suffered two dramatic and unfortunate defeats in the first two weeks of the season before finally getting their first win on the board in Week 3 with a 28-24 triumph over the Vikings. All of the displays so far had been good and the Chargers would feel they are still in the playoff hunt despite their 0-2 start.
The displays were not bad and the hope is that the trend from the last two years regarding Chargers vs Raiders matches will continue. The teams split the series in the last two seasons with the team hosting the fixture coming on top on all four occasions.
WR Keenan Allen has been playing lights out so far and he will be the key for the Chargers to get back to winning ways. Now with the other main WR Mike Williams out for the season Allen’s role becomes even more important.
Los Angeles Chargers injury report:
- S Alohi Gilman – questionable
- LB Joey Bosa – questionable
- S Derwin James Jr. – questionable
- CB Deane Leonard – questionable
- RB Austin Ekeler – questionable
- DT Otito Ogbonnia – out
- C Corey Linsley – out
- S JT Woods- out
- WR Jalen Guyton – out
- CB Amechi Uzodinma – on IR list (out)
- WR Mike Williams – on IR list (out)
Las Vegas Raiders form, news and injuries
The Raiders have been stumbling on offense all season and they are actually lucky to be 1-2. Their only win so far was in Week 1 when a late rallying saw them edge the Broncos 17-16. Trailed for most of this match and didn’t deserve to win.
Two heavy defeats followed with the Raiders yet to score more than 18 points in a game this season. To make matters worse the starting QB Jimmy Garoppolo is questionable for this weekend. Garoppolo is in concussion protocol. If he can’t play the 15-year veteran Brian Hoyer will have to start.
The other big issue for the Raiders is their inability to stop the passing game of their opponents so far. They allowed even the inexperienced QB Kenny Pickett 235 passing yards in Week 2. Considering that the passing game is one of the Chargers’ main strengths there could be some serious trouble for the Raiders if they can’t find solutions.
Las Vegas Raiders injury report:
- CB Nate Hobbs – questionable
- DE Maxx Crosby – questionable
- QB Jimmy Garoppolo – questionable
- DE Malcolm Koonce – questionable
- S Roderic Teamer – questionable
- DE Chandler Jones – out
- LB Curtis Bolton – out
- LB Baron Browning – out
- CB Brandon Facyson – on IR list (out)
- OT Dalton Wagner – on IR list (out)
- RB Brittain Brown – on IR list (out)
- LB Darien Butler – on IR list (out)
- RB Austin Walter – on IR list (out)
Chargers vs Raiders head-to-head record
Here are the last 5 results:
- 04.12.22 NFL Las Vegas Raiders vs Los Angeles Chargers 27-20
- 11.09.22 NFL Los Angeles Chargers vs Las Vegas Raiders 24-19
- 10.01.22 NFL Las Vegas Raiders vs Los Angeles Chargers 35-32 OT (29-29)
- 05.10.21 NFL Los Angeles Chargers vs Las Vegas Raiders 28-14
- 18.12.20 NFL Las Vegas Raiders vs Los Angeles Chargers 27-30 OT (24-24)
Key match details
- Date & Time: Sunday, October 01, 2023, 09:05 p.m. GMT / 04:05 p.m. ET
- Venue: SoFi Staidum in Los Angeles, California
- Where to watch the match in the UK: Sky Sports (TV), fuboTV, or the NFL App
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!