UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
The San Francisco 49ers are going into NFL’s Week 4 with a 3-0 record and will host the NFC West rivals Arizona Cardinals, who have a 1-2 record. This may be an epic night for the Niners, who are major favourites to win this one, but the Cardinals may take over the show.
San Francisco 49ers vs Arizona Cardinals – game predictions
- 1 San Francisco 49ers vs Arizona Cardinals – game predictions
- 2 49ers vs Cardinals preview – Who wins the McCaffrey vs Conner matchup?
- 3 Key match details
The 49ers are hosting the Cardinals as a -14 point favorites at the Levi’s Stadium. Check out our daily NFL player props page.
Prediction 1: Cardinals +14 @ -110 (1.90)
The 49ers have a great start of the season winning the first three games which is the second time in the last 25 years. The Niners have gone 4-0 only four times in franchise history, and the last time they did that was in 2019. They have won the last 13 regular season games and the last 8 against the division rivals. It seems that everything goes in their favour, so why would we just don’t go with them? Well, the Cardinals are 6-3 at the Levi’s Stadium since its opening in 2014 and they haven’t lost three in a row against the Niners in the last 10 years. Given the fact that the Cardinals are coming off an impressive win over the Cowboys and they are third in the league in sacks and second in passes defended, the +14 spread looks like something they can easily cover.
Prediction 2: Christian McCaffrey to score the first touchdown @ 225 (3.25)
McCaffrey can make history on Sunday evening against the Cardinals. The Niners running back has scored a touchdown in the last 12 games, tying Jerry Rice’s record and can go for a franchise high if he scores one against the Cardinals. He is in fantastic form, going for 353 yards which is also the Niners record in the first three games of the season. There is no doubt that McCaffrey will score a TD on Sunday, and if he is going to make history for the Niners, why not to be the first one in the game to go to the end zone?
San Francisco 49ers vs Arizona Cardinals odds
According to moneyline odds, the 49ers at -910 (1.11) odds are the more likely winners and have a win probability of 91%, while the Cardinals at +575 (6.75) odds have a 9% chance to win this game.
49ers vs Cardinals preview – Who wins the McCaffrey vs Conner matchup?
Niners Christian McCaffrey and Cardinals James Conner are the only two players in the NFL this season to have at least 50 carries while averaging more than 5 yards per carry. Whoever wins this matchup will probably see his team win at the end.
San Francisco 49ers form, news and injuries
Deebo Samuel had 6 receptions and 129 yards last week in the Niners’ 30-12 win over the New York Giants. He is listed as questionable for the game against the Cardinals which may be a problem for the home team.
San Francisco 49ers injury report
• LB Dre Greenlaw (ankle) – Questionable
• WR Jajuan Jennings (shin) – Doubtful
• RB Elijah Mithcell (hamstring) – Questionable
• WR Deebo Samuel (knee/ribs) – Questionable
Arizona Cardinals form, news and injuries
The Cardinals’ QB Joshua Dobbs is coming off a great performance last week in the 28-16 win over the Dallas Cowboys. He connected on 73% of the passing attempts and has 417 passing yards in the last two games.
Arizona Cardinals injury report
• LB Krys Barnes (finger) – Questionable
• RB Keaonta Ingram (neck) – Questionable
• OT Paris Johnson Jr. (ankle) – Questionable
• LB Josh Woods (ankle) – Out
• WR Marquise Brown (thumb) – Questionable
• DE Jonathan Ledbetter (finger) – Out
49ers vs Cardinals head to head record
The 49ers lead the all-time series against the Cardinals 34-29 and have won 3 of the last 5 games.
• 2023: 49ers won 38-13 in San Francisco
• 2022: 49ers won 38-10 in Arizona
• 2021: Cardinals won 31-17 in San Francisco
• 2021: Cardinals won 17-10 in Arizona
• 2020: 49ers won 20-12 in Arizona
Key match details
• Date & Time: Sunday, October 1, 2023, 09:25 GMT
• Venue: Levi’s Stadium, San Jose, CA
• Where to watch match in UK: Sky Sports (TV), fuboTV, or other live stream
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!