UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
The Washington Commanders will try to snap a two-game losing streak on Thursday night when the Chicago Bears visit FedEx Field in an intriguing Week 5 matchup. The Commanders (2-2) lost a hard-fought battle against the Philadelphia Eagles last week, while the Chicago Bears (0-4) suffered a fourth-quarter meltdown in an ugly loss to the Denver Broncos.
Two of the top teams in the NFL will butt heads Sunday night when the Dallas Cowboys (3-1) visit Levi’s Stadium to face the San Francisco 49ers (4-0). The 49ers are a 3.5-point favorite but will square off against an elite defense for the first time this season. The Cowboys rebounded from an embarrassing loss to the Arizona Cardinals with a lopsided win over the New England Patriots.
The Jacksonville Jaguars (2-2) and the Buffalo Bills (3-1) will meet at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London. The Bills are a 5.5-point favorite and are averaging a whopping 41 points per game over the last three weeks. The Jaguars picked up their first win since Week 1 last Sunday with a dominant victory against the Atlanta Falcons.
The Pittsburgh Steelers (2-2) will host the Baltimore Ravens (3-1) in a key AFC North matchup at Acrisure Stadium. The Ravens are a 4-point favorite and boast one of the league’s top defensive units. The Steelers were blown out by the surprising Houston Texans last week but have won five of the previous six meetings against their division rival.
The Kansas City Chiefs (3-1) will visit U.S. Bank Stadium to tangle with the Minnesota Vikings (1-3) in an anticipated high-scoring affair. The Chiefs are a 4-point and captured their third straight win last week with a narrow victory over the New York Jets. The Vikings notched their first win in Week 4 against the Carolina Panthers and desperately need a victory this week to remain in the playoff hunt.
Upset of the Week
The Philadelphia Eagles (4-0) escaped with a 34-31 win over the Washington Commanders last week and have won three games by six or fewer points. The Eagles will visit SoFi Stadium as a 4.5-point favorite. Still, the Los Angeles Rams (2-2) and their second-ranked passing game will expose Philadelphia’s 27th-ranked pass defense to deal the reigning NFC champion its first setback.
Monday Night Game
The Green Bay Packers (2-2) and the Las Vegas Raiders (1-3) will square off Monday night at Allegiant Stadium. The Packers are a slight 1-point road favorite but have been an inconsistent squad on both sides of the ball. The Raiders have dropped three consecutive games and have yet to score over 18 points in four outings this season.
NFL Week 5 Full Schedule (All times Eastern)
Thursday, Oct. 5
• Washington Commanders vs. Chicago Bears, 8:15 p.m. (Prime Video)
Sunday, Oct. 8
• Buffalo Bills vs. Jacksonville Jaguars, 9:30 a.m. (NFL Network)
• Atlanta Falcons vs. Houston Texans, 1 p.m. (FOX)
• Detroit Lions vs. Carolina Panthers, 1 p.m. (FOX)
• Indianapolis Colts vs. Tennessee Titans, 1 p.m. (CBS)
• Miami Dolphins vs. New York Giants, 1 p.m. (FOX)
• New England Patriots vs. New Orleans Saints, 1 p.m. (CBS)
• Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Baltimore Ravens, 1 p.m. (CBS)
• Los Angeles Rams vs. Philadelphia Eagles, 4:05 p.m. (FOX)
• Arizona Cardinals vs. Cincinnati Bengals, 4:05 p.m. (FOX)
• Denver Broncos vs. New York Jets, 4:25 p.m. (CBS)
• Minnesota Vikings vs. Kansas City Chiefs, 4:25 p.m. (CBS)
• San Francisco 49ers vs. Dallas Cowboys, 8:20 p.m. (NBC)
Monday, Oct. 9
• Las Vegas Raiders vs. Green Bay Packers, 8:15 p.m. (ABC)
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!