UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
The Carolina Panthers are still searching for a win and will turn to veteran quarterback Andy Dalton as they take on the Seattle Seahawks, who beat the Lions in overtime last week.
Seattle Seahawks vs Carolina Panthers – Game predictions
- 1 Seattle Seahawks vs Carolina Panthers – Game predictions
- 2 Seahawks vs Panthers preview – Focus on the weaknesses
- 3 Key match details
The Seahawks are a 5.5-point home favorite with a total of 42 points. The spread opened at Seahawks -4.5 before going higher after news of rookie quarterback Bryce Young sitting out with an ankle injury.
Prediction 1: Over 42 @ -110 (1.91)
Dalton starting should actually be good for the over to hit, because Carolina’s offense was not moving the ball well at all behind Young, who averaged 4.2 yards per pass – 3rd-lowest average in a player’s first two games since 1950. Even Dalton averages 7.1, a league-average number, in his career. He should be able to move the ball better against a Seattle defense that is giving up 30.5 points a game to Matthew Stafford and Jared Goff. But the Seahawks should also score well in this game with the Panthers still missing corner Jaycee Horn. This is a rematch of last year’s 30-24 upset win by the Panthers in Seattle. We’ll spare the spread this time and go right to the over.
Prediction 2: Hayden Hurst over 29.5 receiving yards @ -121 (1.83)
Again, the passing game has been unimpressive for the Panthers. A veteran quarterback will find his tight end against this defense, which is really struggling to defend the pass right now and has several starters in the secondary listed as questionable with injuries. Hurst had 41 yards in Week 1 and 20 more in Week 2. He should be able to get at least in between that against this defense, hitting the over 29.5 yards in the process.
Seahawks vs Panthers preview – Focus on the weaknesses
Geno Smith and his offense should be a good matchup for the Carolina defense in this one. But the matchup to focus on is weakness vs. weakness: Carolina offense vs. Seattle defense. Both units need their first good showing of 2023 in this one.
Seattle Seahawks form, news and injuries
Seattle’s offense has yet to turn the ball over, which is good, but the running game has been nothing special so far. The defense needs to get off the field on 3rd down as opponents are currently converting 60.7% of the time, the worst in the league for a defense.
Seattle Seahawks injury report:
- WR DK Metcalf (Ribs) – Questionable
- SS Jamal Adams (Knee) – Questionable
- FS Quandre Diggs (Hamstring) – Questionable
- NT Jarran Reed (Groin) – Questionable
- CB Riq Woolen (Chest) – Doubtful
- TE Will Dissly (Shoulder) – Doubtful
- G Phil Haynes (Calf) – Questionable
- S Julian Love (Hamstring) – Questionable
- DT Bryan Mone (Knee) – Out
- RB DeeJay Dallas (Illness) – Questionable
- NT Austin Faoliu (Knee) – Out
- OT Charles Cross (Toe) – Out
- OT Abraham Lucas (Knee) – Out
- CB Coby Bryant (Toe) – Out
- WR Dareke Young (Groin) – Out
- LB Joshua Onujiogu (Elbow) – Out
- DE Mike Morris (Shoulder) – Out
- RB Kenny McIntosh (Knee) – Out
- CB Andrew Whitaker (Knee) – Out
Carolina Panthers form, news and injuries
Frank Reich was fired in Indianapolis last year for an offense that had too many turnovers and not enough points scored. The Panthers are doing the same with 4 giveaways and only 27 points in 2 games so far. But we’ll see how he handles another veteran quarterback starter as Andy Dalton takes over for a game or two while rookie Bryce Young rests his injured ankle.
Carolina Panthers injury report:
- QB Bryce Young (Ankle) – Out
- CB Jaycee Horn (Hamstring) – Out
- OLB Justin Houston (Calf) – Questionable
- LB Shaq Thompson (Leg) – Out
- DE Henry Anderson (Foot) – Out
- G Austin Corbett (Knee) – Out
- OLB Marquis Haynes Sr. (Back) – Out
- TE Stephen Sullivan (Hip) – Out
- G Brady Christensen (Bicep) – Out
Seahawks vs Panthers head to head record
Seattle leads the all-time series 10-5. Here are the results of the last 5 matchups:
- 2022: Panthers 30, Seahawks 24 in Seattle
- 2019: Seahawks 30, Panthers 24 in Carolina
- 2018: Seahawks 30, Panthers 27 in Carolina
- 2016: Seahawks 40, Panthers 7 in Seattle
- 2015 (NFC divisional round): Panthers 31, Seahawks 24 in Carolina
Key match details
- Date & Time: Sunday, September 24, 2023, 04:05 p.m. ET
- Venue: Lumen Field in Seattle, WA
- Where to watch match in UK: fuboTV, or other live stream
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!