UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
The New Orleans Saints look to start 3-0 with a win against the Green Bay Packers, who blew a 12-point lead in the 4th quarter in Atlanta last week.
Green Bay Packers vs New Orleans Saints – Game predictions
- 1 Green Bay Packers vs New Orleans Saints – Game predictions
- 2 Packers vs Saints preview – Looking for offensive consistency from Saints
- 3 Key match details
The Packers are a 1-point home favorite with a total of 42.5 points. The spread opened at Packers -2.5 before moving in the direction of New Orleans after discouraging injury news for the Packers again.
Prediction 1: Saints +1 @ -115 (1.87)
The Saints have not allowed more than 20 points in 10 straight games, the NFL’s longest streak since the Seahawks had an 11-game streak in 2013-14. The Saints also have a more experienced quarterback who will test the Packers deep with a great receiving trio, a big departure from the games Green Bay played against the Bears and Falcons. Green Bay has too many injuries on offense to trust an inexperienced quarterback like Jordan Love against this great defense. Take the Saints to cover and win the game.
Prediction 2: Jordan Love over 0.5 passes intercepted @ -121 (1.83)
Love has not been intercepted yet this season, but he was picked off on 3.6% of his passes before 2023, a high rate. He also is throwing into tight windows at the highest rate in the NFL this year, and his accuracy has been spotty and erratic. The Saints do not get a lot of picks, but they have a great pass defense and the Packers could be forcing some throws in this one without many reliable weapons for Love. This is the week Love throws a pick.
Packers vs Saints preview – Looking for offensive consistency from Saints
The Saints have not gotten a ton of production out of Derek Carr and the passing game, but he is getting close to hitting more big plays with one of the most underrated receiving trios out there. The Packers would love to field a healthy offense but that may not happen for the third week in a row.
Green Bay Packers form, news and injuries
All eyes on the injury report as the Packers were without top running back (Aaron Jones) and No. 1 wideout (Christian Watson) in last week’s loss. Those players are questionable and many not play again, but the team is also listing their best offensive lineman (David Bakhtiari), corner (Jaire Alexander), best pass rusher (Rashan Gary), and 1st-round rookie pass rusher (Lukas Van Ness) as questionable too.
Green Bay Packers injury report:
- OT David Bakhtiari (Knee) – Questionable
- WR Christian Watson (Hamstring) – Questionable
- RB Aaron Jones (Hamstring) – Questionable
- LB Rashan Gary (Knee) – Questionable
- LB Lukas Van Ness (Elbow) – Questionable
- G Elgton Jenkins (Knee (MCL)) – Questionable
- TE Tyler Davis (Knee) – Out
- CB Eric Stokes (Foot) – Out
- S Zayne Anderson (Hamstring) – Questionable
- OT Luke Tenuta (Ankle) – Out
New Orleans Saints form, news and injuries
The Saints have some running back issues as Alvin Kamara is still suspended and backup Jamaal Williams is out this week. But they have weapons at wide receiver and Taysom Hill is a Swiss Army knife in this offense. He rushed for 75 yards in the win over Carolina. But the Saints will go as their defense goes in this matchup.
New Orleans Saints injury report:
- RB Jamaal Williams (Hamstring) – Out
- TE Foster Moreau (Ankle) – Doubtful
- G Trai Turner (Quadriceps) – Out
- QB Taysom Hill (Knee) – Probable
- WR Tre’Quan Smith (Groin) – Out
- LB Ryan Connelly (Knee) – Out
- S Ugo Amadi (Knee) – Questionable
- LB Andrew Dowell (Knee) – Out
- RB Eno Benjamin (Achilles) – Out
- DE Payton Turner (Toe) – Out
Packers vs Saints head to head record
Green Bay leads the all-time series 17-10. Here are the results of the last 5 matchups:
- 2021: Saints 38, Packers 3 in Jacksonville (neutral field)
- 2020: Packers 37, Saints 30 in New Orleans
- 2017: Saints 26, Packers 17 in Green Bay
- 2014: Saints 44, Packers 23 in New Orleans
- 2012: Packers 28, Saints 27 in Green Bay
Key match details
- Date & Time: Sunday, September 24, 2023, 01:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: Lambeau Field in Green Bay, WI
- Where to watch match in UK: fuboTV, or other live stream
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!