UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
The New England Patriots are going into NFL’s Week 3 without a win, and they will be under pressure at MetLife Stadium, facing the New York Jets in the AFC East showdown. Looking at their recent performance, there are not many reasons for optimism, but the tradition is completely on the Pats’ side.
New York Jets vs New England Patriots – game predictions
- 1 New York Jets vs New England Patriots – game predictions
- 2 Jets vs Patriots preview – Can New York end the losing streak?
- 3 Key match details
The Patriots are visiting the Jets as a -2.5 point favorites at the MetLife Stadium. Check out our daily NFL predictions page.
Prediction 1: Patriots to win @ -140 (1.70)
Both teams are coming off tough losses last week and their game do not look promising at all. After Aaron Rogers went down with injury, no one really expected much from the Jets last week as they were blown out by the Cowboys 30-10. The Patriots are 0-2 after the first two weeks with both losses coming at home against the Eagles in the season opener, 25-20, and last week against the Dolphins, 24-17. The Patriots quarterback Mac Jones had no pass longer than 20 yards and had at least six passes targeting five different players. Whoever followed Jones in the past two seasons knows that he can do much better than that and the game against the Jets is his chance to shine. The Patriots has the longest current winning streak against the Jets winning the last 14 games against them. The Jets are 1-1 and are playing at home, but they simply do not have what it takes to get the W on Sunday.
Prediction 2: Over 36.5 points @ -110 (1.90)
The line total for this game is quite low which is understandable since both teams had poor offensive performances in the first two weeks of the season. Still, if you are familiar with the total over/under NFL predictions, you have probably noticed that the 37 total is one of the most common in the league. With both teams needing to step up after losses last week, going over 36.5 should not be a problem.
Jets vs Patriots preview – Can New York end the losing streak?
The AFC East rivals face each other every season and it has been almost 8 years and exactly 14 games since the Jets defeated the Patriots. With the Pats having a bad start, this may be the game when the Jets will end the losing streak.
New York Jets form, news and injuries
The Jets are the fourth worst team in the league when it comes to passing yards this season with 252 per game. This speaks enough of how difficult things are for the Jets especially with Aaron Rogers being out for the season. Zach Wilson got the chance he wanted, and we are about to see if he can stay the regular starter for the Jets.
New York Jets injury report
• DE John Franklin-Myers (hip) – Questionable
• PK Greg Zuerlein (groin) – Questionable
• G Wes Shweitzer (concussion) – Out
• S Tony Adams (hamstring) – Out
• OT Duane Brown (concussion) – Questionable
New England Patriots form, news and injuries
The Patriots lost the first two games of the season which is the first time since 2001. Their confidence needs to be boosted right away and going to New York to face the division rival, looks like a real opportunity to get the first win of the season.
New England Patriots injury report
• CB Jonathan Jones (ankle) – Questionable
• CB Marcus Jones (shoulder) – Out
• G Mike Onwenu (ankle) – Questionable
• DT Christian Barmore (knee) – Questionable
• G Cole Strange (concussion) – Questionable
Jets vs Patriots head to head record
The Patriots lead the all-time series against the Jets 73-54-1, and have won the last 14 meetings.
• 2022: Patriots won 10-3 in New England
• 2022: Patriots won 22-17 in New York
• 2021: Patriots won 54-13 in New England
• 2021: Patriots won 25-6 in New York
• 2021: Patriots won 28-14 in New England
Key match details
• Date & Time: Sunday, September 24, 2023, 6 p.m. GMT
• Venue: MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ
• Where to watch match in UK: Sky Sports (TV), fuboTV, or other live stream
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!