New York Jets vs Kansas City Chiefs prediction and odds

The New York Jets will host the Kansas City Chiefs Sunday night in an interesting Week 4 matchup at MetLife Stadium. The Jets (1-2) dropped a hard-fought contest to the New England Patriots last week, while the Chiefs (2-1) notched their second win with a blowout victory over the Chicago Bears.

Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes throws a pass against the Chicago Bears
Sep 24, 2023; Kansas City, Missouri, USA; Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes (15) throws a pass against the Chicago Bears during the first half at GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Denny Medley-USA TODAY Sports/Sipa USA – Photo by Icon Sport

New York Jets vs Kansas City Chiefs – game predictions

The Chiefs are an 8.5-point favorite with a total of 41.5 points. Kansas City opened as a -7.5 favorite, and the line moved as high as -9.5 before falling to -8.5 for this anticipated lopsided affair.

Prediction 1: Patrick Mahomes Under 276.5 Passing Yards @ -110 (1.91)

Mahomes has failed to pass for 276.5 yards in two games this season. Four of the six games he did not surpass that mark last year were on the road. The Jets have limited opposing quarterbacks to 222 passing yards per game, with Josh Allen (236) and Dak Prescott (255) throwing for 255 or fewer yards. Mahomes threw for 272 yards last week in an easy win over the Bears, and a run-heavy game script in the second half will prevent the reigning Super Bowl MVP from reaching 276.5 yards on Sunday night.

Prediction 2: Zach Wilson Over 0.5 Passing Touchdowns @ -130 (1.77)

Wilson has posted a touchdown pass against two elite defenses – Dallas and Buffalo – this season. Although the Chiefs have allowed only two scoring passes in three games, Kansas City has faced a struggling Trevor Lawrence and Chicago’s subpar passing game. New York will be in comeback mode for most of this contest, and Wilson will easily have 35-40 pass attempts to notch one touchdown pass.

New York Jets vs Kansas City Chiefs odds

Based on moneyline odds, the Chiefs at -450 (1.22) odds are the more likely winners and have an implied win probability of 83%, while the Jets at +340 (4.4) odds have a 17% chance to win this game.

New York Jets vs Kansas City Chiefs – Can the Jets offense score more than 10 points?

The Jets offense has scored 10 points in all three games this season and will need several trips to the end zone to be competitive against the defending Super Bowl champion.

New York Jets form, news and injuries

Future Hall of Famer Aaron Rodgers will attend this week’s game against the Chiefs. The inept Jets offense ranks last in points scored, total yards, passing yards, and time of possession. Wilson’s Quarterback rating of 27.1 ranks 33rd in the league. The much-hyped running back duo of Breece Hall and Dalvin Cook have a combined 212 yards and zero touchdowns on 51 carries.

New York Jets injury report

S Tony Adams (Hamstring) – Out
OL Wes Schweitzer (Concussion) – Out

Kansas City Chiefs form, news and injuries

Mahomes is fourth in the NFL with seven touchdown passes and is the Chiefs’ second-leading rusher with 103 yards on 16 carries. The trio of Chris Jones (2.5), Mike Danna (2.5), and George Karlaftis (2) have collected 6.5 of the team’s eight sacks. Backup quarterback Blaine Gabbert has thrown two interceptions despite throwing just five passes. Wide receiver Justin Watson ranks fourth in the league with 22.6 yards per catch.

Kansas City Chiefs injury report

CB Jaylen Watson (Shoulder) – Out
LB Nick Bolton (Ankle) – Out

New York Jets vs Kansas City Chiefs head to head record

The Chiefs lead the all-time series 20-19-1 and have won three of the last four meetings:

2020: Chiefs won 35-9 in Kansas City
2017: Jets won 38-31 in New York
2016: Chiefs won 24-3 in Kansas City
2014: Chiefs won 24-10 in Kansas City
2011: Jets won 37-10 in New York

Key match details

• Date & Time: Sunday, October 1, 2023, 08:20 p.m. ET
• Venue: MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey
• Where to watch match in UK: Sky Sports (TV), FuboTV, or other live stream

Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!