UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
Both Atlanta Falcons and Green Bay Packers started the new NFL season with impressive road wins. The youngest team in the league, the Packers, saw Jordan Love have a memorable display on his first start as their main quarterback. The Falcons looked devastating with their running game. Now when these two clashing styles meet in Atlanta, Georgia fireworks can be expected. Who will prevail? Can Love keep it up? Can somebody stop the Falcons running game? Read on for our Falcons vs Packers predictions and preview.
Atlanta Falcons vs Green Bay Packers – game predictions
- 1 Atlanta Falcons vs Green Bay Packers – game predictions
- 2 Falcons vs Packers preview – can Love spread the joy again?
- 3 Key match details
Prediction 1: Green Bay Packers over 16.5 points @ -200 (1/2)
The Packers scored 38 points in Week 1 at Chicago. Love leads the league for passing efficiency and was the only QB to throw 3 touchdowns and no interceptions in the first game.
The Packers have scored 21 or more points in all of their last 9 matches vs the Falcons too. In fact, they went for 30 or more points in 5 of the last 7 H2Hs. All that makes us confident that the Packers will be able to go over that 16.5-point spread again now with Love as their starting QB.
Prediction 2: Bijan Robinson touchdown anytime @ +140 (7/5)
The Falcons impressed with their running game in Week 1 and more of the same can be expected now. Bijan Robinson was heavily involved in the first match. He rushed for 56 yards on 10 carries and also caught all 6 of his targets for 27 yards and a touchdown.
While Robinson shared the burden of the running game with Allgeier when it got to the red zone it was mainly Robinson that was used. He already grabbed his first TD of the season and is projected to end the regular season with 17 TDs. All that gives us confidence that Bijan Robinson will be able to get another TD in the coming match.
Falcons vs Packers preview – can Love spread the joy again?
Will Jordan Love be able to maintain his passing efficiency from Week 1?
Atlanta Falcons form, news and injuries
The Falcons opened the new season with a 24-10 road win vs the Panthers. It was a slow start and Atlanta trailed 7-10 early in the 3rd quarter. Then their running game took over. Bijan Robinson and Tyler Allgeier combined for 131 rushing yards and led the Falcons to victory.
QB Desmond Ridder wasn’t hugely impressive, his 91 passing yards ranked him only 30th in passing efficiency among all quarterbacks in Week 1, but he doesn’t need to be if the running game continues to work so smoothly. Our guess is it will be more of the same for Atlanta with a lot of running.
Atlanta Falcons injury report:
- CB Jeff Okudah – questionable
- LB Troy Anderson – out
- DT Eddie Goldman – out
- C Matt Hennessey – on IR list (out)
- LB Adetokunbo Ogundeji – on IR list (out)
- DE Ikenna Enechukwu – on IR list (out)
- TE Feleipe Franks – on IR list (out)
- OT Ethan Greenidge – on IR list (out)
- CB Avery Williams – on IR list (out)
Green Bay Packers form, news and injuries
Green Bay Packers opened their season with a nice 38-20 road win vs their old foes the Chicago Bears. In only his second NFL start quarterback Jordan Love led his young team to victory. Love was one of only three QBs to post 3 touchdowns in Week 1 but he was the only one to do so without throwing an interception. Love tops the charts for passing efficiency after one game.
With the team’s star running back Aaron Jones questionable the Packers will have to rely even more on their passing game so it will be up to Love to keep finding the right pockets.
Green Bay Packers injury report:
- WR Christian Watson – questionable
- OT David Bakhtiari – questionable
- LB Quay Walker – questionable
- RB Aaron Jones – questionable
- CB Eric Stokes – out
- OT Luke Tenuta – on IR list (out)
- TE Tyler Davis – on IR list (out)
Falcons vs Packers head-to-head record
Here are the last 5 results:
- 06.10.20 NFL Green Bay Packers vs Atlanta Falcons 30-16
- 09.12.18 NFL Green Bay Packers vs Atlanta Falcons 34-20
- 18.09.17 NFL Atlanta Falcons vs Green Bay Packers 34-23
- 22.01.17 NFL Atlanta Falcons vs Green Bay Packers 44-21
- 30.10.16 NFL Atlanta Falcons vs Green Bay Packers 33-32
Key match details
- Date & Time: Sunday, September 17, 2023, 06:00 p.m. GMT / 01:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia
- Where to watch the match in the UK: Sky Sports (TV), fuboTV, or the NFL App
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!