UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
The Buffalo Bills will visit FedEx Field in Week 3 to square off against the surprising Washington Commanders. The Bills (1-1) racked up 29 first downs in a blowout win over the Las Vegas Raiders last week, while the Commanders (2-0) rallied past the Denver Broncos to remain unbeaten.
Washington Commanders vs Buffalo Bills – game predictions
- 1 Washington Commanders vs Buffalo Bills – game predictions
- 2 Washington Commanders vs Buffalo Bills – Are the Commanders a playoff contender?
- 3 Key match details
The Bills are a 6.5-point road favorite with a total of 43 points. Buffalo’s defense will rise to the occasion and deal the Commanders their first setback of the young season.
Prediction 1: Bills -6.5 @ -105 (1.95)
Buffalo was dominant in a lopsided victory over the Raiders in Week 2, limiting Las Vegas to just 39 snaps in a contest that lasted only 2 hours and 49 minutes. Josh Allen turned in a turnover-free outing and will look for back-to-back “clean” games this week for the first time since 2019. Washington is tied with Dallas with a league-high 10 sacks and boasts an elite defensive line. The Commanders are 7-6-2 ATS as a home dog under head coach Ron Rivera. The Bills will throttle Washington’s 17th-ranked running game and cover the spread in a decisive road win.
Prediction 2: Josh Allen Under 258.5 Passing Yards @ -114 (1.88)
Allen bought his “A” game last week with a sparkling 31-for-37 outing for 274 yards and three touchdowns. The former Wyoming standout threw for 236 yards in a season-opening loss to the New York Jets and failed to surpass 258 yards in five of eight road games last season. Washington defensive end Chase Young returned to action last week and notched 1.5 of the Commanders seven sacks. Buffalo is averaging 140 yards on the ground, and Allen will use his legs to lead the Bills to their second straight win. However, the two-time Pro Bowler will not pass for 258 yards.
Washington Commanders vs Buffalo Bills – Are the Commanders a playoff contender?
The development of second-year quarterback Sam Howell will determine if Washington contends for a wild card spot. Howell has been sacked 13 times in three career starts but has completed 64% of his passes for 670 yards, four touchdowns, and two interceptions.
Washington Commanders form, news and injuries
The Commanders have the league’s seventh-ranked scoring offense, and Howell (95.0) has a better Quarterback Rating than Allen (94.5) heading into Week 3. Brian Robinson is the leading rusher with 146 yards and two scores but averages just 3.9 yards per carry. Washington has four pass-catchers with six or more receptions, but none have eclipsed 100 receiving yards.
Washington Commanders injury report
• DT Daron Payne (Ankle) – Questionable
• DB Jartavius Martin (Concussion) – Questionable
• TE Logan Thomas (Concussion) – Questionable
Buffalo Bills form, news and injuries
The Bills lead the league in time of possession and have logged 48 first downs in two games. James Cook is averaging a robust 5.8 yards per rush and has gained 169 yards on 29 carries. Stefon Diggs ranks third with 17 catches, while linebacker Matt Milano is second in the league with two interceptions.
Buffalo Bills injury report
• S Micah Hyde (Hamstring) – Questionable
• T Spencer Brown (Shoulder) – Questionable
• DE Leonard Floyd (Ankle) – Questionable
• TE Dawson Knox (Back) – Questionable
• LB Terrel Bernard (Knee) – Questionable
Washington Commanders vs Buffalo Bills head to head record
The Bills lead the all-time series, 10-6, and have won eight of the last nine meetings:
• 2021: Bills won 43-21 in Buffalo
• 2019: Bills won 24-9 in Buffalo
• 2015: Commanders won 35-25 in Washington
• 2011: Bills won 23-0 in Buffalo
• 2007: Bills won 17-16 in Washington
Key match details
• Date & Time: Sunday, September 24, 2023, 01:00 p.m. ET
• Venue: FedEx Field in Landover, Maryland
• Where to watch match in UK: Sky Sports (TV), fuboTV, or other live stream
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!