UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
The Washington Commanders can hand the Chicago Bears their 15th loss in a row this Thursday night. The Bears blew a 21-point lead against Denver last week while the Commanders fell in overtime in Philadelphia. We have prediction and odds for this NFC matchup.
Washington Commanders vs Chicago Bears – Game predictions
- 1 Washington Commanders vs Chicago Bears – Game predictions
- 2 Commanders vs Bears preview – Who takes more sacks?
- 3 Key match details
The Commanders are a 6-point home favorite with a total of 44.5 points. The spread opened at Commanders -5.5 before moving up to -7 and finally settling down to Commanders -6.
Prediction 1: Over 44.5 @ -110 (1.91)
The Commanders had that abysmal 37-3 loss to Buffalo, but the Bills look like the best team in the league right now. Washington scored 35 points in Denver and 31 in Philadelphia with Sam Howell getting rid of the ball a bit faster last week. Now he gets to face a Chicago defense that ranks 31st in scoring and has only forced 2 turnovers all year. Chicago’s offense also finally clicked last week with Justin Fields having the best passing game of his career until a few late turnovers doomed the Bears again. This won’t be a 12-7 game like the meeting a year ago on Thursday night. These defenses are very bad and this is a good night for the over.
Prediction 2: D.J. Moore over 49.5 receiving yards @ -110 (1.91)
The Bears are struggling offensively, but the D.J. Moore trade has worked out so far. Moore has caught 19-of-24 targets for 301 yards and 2 touchdowns already. He has a pair of 100-yard games, and he gets a Washington defense that just let A.J. Brown explode for 175 yards. Stefon Diggs was always open for Buffalo the previous week for over 100 yards too. Maybe Moore does not sniff triple digits, but he is a great pick to get over 49.5 yards and lead the Bears in receiving again.
Washington Commanders vs Chicago Bears odds
The Bears have +220 (3.20) odds on the moneyline, implying they have a 31.3% chance to win this game. The Commanders have -270 (1.37) odds, which is a 73.0% chance of victory.
Commanders vs Bears preview – Who takes more sacks?
While Fields and Howell are both mobile, they have two of the highest sack rates in NFL history. The defense that puts the other quarterback down the most times should prevail in this one.
Washington Commanders form, news and injuries
Eric Bieniemy’s offense has been up and down, but this is a sweet matchup for his unit to shine. The bigger concern is the defense, which has allowed at least 33 points in 3 straight games. The Commanders have spent way too many high draft picks on that unit to get results this poor.
Washington Commanders injury report:
- DE Efe Obada (Knee) – Out
- CB Troy Apke (Shoulder) – Out
- TE Kaden Smith (Undisclosed) – Out
- DT David Bada (Triceps) – Out
- WR Dax Milne (Groin) – Out
- RB Chris Rodriguez Jr. (Illness) – Questionable
- DT Phidarian Mathis (Calf) – Out
- DT Curtis Brooks (Undisclosed) – Out
- LB Drew White (Knee) – Out
- TE Armani Rogers (Achilles) – Out
- OL Braeden Daniels (Shoulder) – Out
Chicago Bears form, news and injuries
The Bears have many issues on both sides of the ball just like last year, but we will see if they can build on last week’s strong start before things imploded again. The Bears thought last year’s Washington game was a launching point for Fields figuring out how to navigate this offense, and he will need to use his legs more in this matchup.
Chicago Bears injury report:
- DB Eddie Jackson (Foot) – Out
- WR Chase Claypool (Personal) – Out
- DL Khalid Kareem (Hip) – Out
- CB Jaylon Johnson (Hamstring) – Out
- OL Teven Jenkins (Calf) – Questionable
- OL Braxton Jones (Neck) – Out
- DB Jaquan Brisker (Hamstring) – Questionable
- DB Kyler Gordon (Hand) – Out
- OL Doug Kramer (Lower Leg) – Out
- CB Josh Blackwell (Hamstring) – Out
Commanders vs Bears head to head record
Washington leads the all-time series 27-24-1. Here are the results of the last 5 matchups:
- 2022: Commanders 12, Bears 7 in Chicago
- 2019: Bears 31, Redskins 15 in Washington
- 2016: Redskins 41, Bears 21 in Chicago
- 2015: Redskins 24, Bears 21 in Chicago
- 2013: Redskins 45, Bears 41 in Washington
Key match details
- Date & Time: Thursday, October 5, 2023, 08:15 p.m. ET
- Venue: FedExField in Landover, MD
- Where to watch match in UK: Sky Sports (TV), fuboTV, or other live stream
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!