UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
The AFC South is all tied up at 2-2, and the Tennessee Titans will play their first division game this season when they travel to take on the Indianapolis Colts. Will running back Jonathan Taylor make his season debut for Indy?
Indianapolis Colts vs Tennessee Titans – Game predictions
- 1 Indianapolis Colts vs Tennessee Titans – Game predictions
- 2 Colts vs Titans preview – Does Taylor play?
- 3 Key match details
The Titans are a 2.5-point road favorite with a total of 42.5 points. The spread opened at Colts -1.5 before moving in Tennessee’s favor as the veteran team.
Prediction 1: Titans -2.5 @ -110 (1.91)
The Colts did a good job of coming back from a 23-0 deficit against the Rams last week before losing in overtime, but the Titans are a different challenge. Tennessee implores teams to throw the ball against its defense as they shut the run down better than anyone. The Titans are allowing 2.9 yards per carry. While Anthony Richardson has looked good at times, the rookie’s accuracy is poor, and he is not consistent enough to handle a pass-heavy gameplan that you need to exploit Tennessee, which also came to life offensively last week against the Bengals. Trust the experienced team in this rivalry to get the job done and cover the spread for your NFL picks.
Prediction 2: Derrick Henry over 75.5 rushing yards @ -114 (1.88)
Derrick Henry loves running all over his AFC South rivals. In 14 games against the Colts, he has 1,287 rushing yards, averages 5.09 yards per carry, and 7 touchdowns. Henry has rushed for over 100 yards in 6-of-7 meetings against the Colts since 2019. In games where Henry has played at least 50% of the snaps, he has gone over 75.5 rushing yards in 10-of-11 meetings with the Colts. He should do it again in this matchup as the Colts have faced the 3rd-most rushing attempts on defense.
Indianapolis Colts vs Tennessee Titans odds
The Titans have -1.35 (1.74) odds on the moneyline, implying they have a 57.5% chance to win this game. The Colts have +115 (2.15) odds, which is a 46.5% chance of victory.
Colts vs Titans preview – Does Taylor play?
We know what the Titans have in Henry, but the Colts are hoping to get Jonathan Taylor back from injury.
Indianapolis Colts form, news and injuries
The Colts are average or slightly above average in most offensive categories, but they could get more consistency per play as they rank 22nd in net yards per pass and 20th in yards per rush. If Jonathan Taylor can return and provide a consistent rushing threat to go along with Richardson’s dual-threat talent, then this offense might be able to take off as Richardson works on his accuracy and gains experience. But Taylor has to get on the field first after a difficult offseason. The Colts also have some injury concerns with top linebacker Shaq Leonard and top lineman DeForest Buckner both listed as questionable.
Indianapolis Colts injury report:
- RB Jonathan Taylor (Ankle) – Questionable
- LB Shaquille Leonard (Groin) – Questionable
- G Quenton Nelson (Toe) – Probable
- DT DeForest Buckner (Back) – Questionable
- TE Mo Alie-Cox (Ankle) – Probable
- TE Jelani Woods (Hamstring) – Out
- DE Tyquan Lewis (Knee) – Questionable
- DE Genard Avery (Knee) – Out
- WR Ashton Dulin (Knee) – Out
- G Danny Pinter (Ankle) – Out
- DE Kwity Paye (Concussion) – Questionable
- G Jack Anderson (Calf) – Out
- CB Isaac Taylor-Stuart (Undisclosed) – Out
- OT Bernhard Raimann (Concussion) – Questionable
- CB Dallis Flowers (Achilles) – Out
- RB Evan Hull (Knee) – Out
- S Daniel Scott (Knee) – Out
- OT Jake Witt (Hip) – Out
- DE Titus Leo (Undisclosed) – Out
Tennessee Titans form, news and injuries
The Titans have been dominant on offense at home and terrible on the road this year. A lot of that is opponent based, so hopefully a familiar foe in the Colts will help Ryan Tannehill and company this week. The defense is also playing up or down to the competition a bit, so they need to establish something against a rookie quarterback who has accuracy issues.
Tennessee Titans injury report:
- WR Treylon Burks (Knee) – Questionable
- DL Denico Autry (Groin) – Questionable
- LB Luke Gifford (Hamstring) – Questionable
- DT Teair Tart (Toe) – Questionable
- CB Caleb Farley (Back) – Out
- DB Elijah Molden (Hamstring) – Probable
- WR Kearis Jackson (Ankle) – Out
- RB Hassan Haskins (Undisclosed) – Out
- WR Kyle Philips (Knee (MCL) – Questionable
- RB Julius Chestnut (Hamstring) – Out
- S Mike Brown (Undisclosed) – Out
- DT Shakel Brown (Ankle) – Out
Colts vs Titans head to head record
Indianapolis leads the all-time series 35-22. Here are the results of the last 5 matchups:
- 2022: Titans 19, Colts 10 in Tennessee
- 2022: Titans 24, Colts 17 in Indianapolis
- 2021: Titans 34, Colts 31 in Indianapolis
- 2021: Titans 25, Colts 16 in Tennessee
- 2020: Titans 45, Colts 26 in Indianapolis
Key match details
- Date & Time: Sunday, October 8, 2023, 01:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, IN
- Where to watch match in UK: fuboTV, or other live stream
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!