UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
The Cleveland Browns are hosting the Tennessee Titans in a battle of 1-1 teams in the AFC. The Browns have to get by without star running back Nick Chubb while the Titans are hoping to have Derrick Henry in the backfield.
Cleveland Browns vs Tennessee Titans – Game predictions
- 1 Cleveland Browns vs Tennessee Titans – Game predictions
- 2 Browns vs Titans preview – Replacing Chubb is a challenge
- 3 Key match details
The Browns are a 3.5-point home favorite with a total of 39.5 points. The spread opened at Browns -4.5 before moving a point towards the Titans, who beat the Chargers last week.
Prediction 1: Titans +3.5 @ -120 (1.83)
The Nick Chubb injury changes this one just as it changed Cleveland’s success in Pittsburgh on Monday night. The Titans love to shut down the run and force the passing game to beat them, and Deshaun Watson is not accurate or decisive enough in Kevin Stefanski’s offense to do that without Chubb. The Titans showed some efficiency in the passing game last week and Ryan Tannehill should have DeAndre Hopkins and Derrick Henry healthy on Sunday. Trust the Titans to cover, if not win the game outright in an upset.
Prediction 2: Amari Cooper over 57.5 receiving yards @ -129 (1.78)
Again, the Tennessee defense is uniquely designed to force teams to pass at will and abandon the run. While the Browns may not do that, they will feed No. 1 receiver Amari Cooper more than anyone. Cooper was supposed to miss last week’s game with injury but still played and caught 7 passes for 90 yards despite an inaccurate night from Watson. He should see the volume in this matchup and hit his over. Cooper has gone over 57.5 yards in all 4 career meetings against Tennessee, though he has not faced them since 2018.
Browns vs Titans preview – Replacing Chubb is a challenge
These teams are different from most in the NFL in that they rely on their star running back in an era where the passing game usually dominates everything. We saw the Titans still secure a No. 1 seed without Henry for half a season in 2021, but now the Browns have a tough task of replacing Chubb.
Cleveland Browns form, news and injuries
While Jerome Ford had a 69-yard run in Pittsburgh, his career rushing success rate (28.2%) is barely half as good as Chubb’s (48.4%). The Browns already were dealing with the loss of standout right tackle Jack Conklin after 1 game. Now they must find a way to protect Watson, a proven sack merchant, and still provide stellar run blocking for less talented backs. At least the defense is still looking solid and healthy, led by Myles Garrett.
Cleveland Browns injury report:
- RB Nick Chubb (Knee) – Out
- OT Jack Conklin (Knee) – Out
- WR Amari Cooper (Shoulder/Groin) – Questionable
- DE Za’Darius Smith (Ankle/Thigh) – Questionable
- CB Greg Newsome II (Elbow) – Questionable
- LB Anthony Walker Jr. (Pectoral) – Questionable
- LB Sione Takitaki (Shoulder) – Questionable
- G Drew Forbes (Illness) – Out
- LB Jordan Kunaszyk (Knee) – Out
- LB Jacob Phillips (Pectoral) – Out
- OT Jedrick Wills Jr. (Shoulder) – Questionable
- CB Thomas Graham Jr. (Ankle) – Out
- OT James Hudson III (Ankle) – Questionable
- WR Michael Woods II (Achilles) – Out
- WR Jakeem Grant Sr. (Knee) – Out
- G Dawson Deaton (Knee) – Out
- WR Daylen Baldwin (Hamstring) – Out
Tennessee Titans form, news and injuries
The Titans were clutch to finish off the Chargers in overtime last week. Both games were very close and it ended an 0-8 mark in close games in the 4th quarter for the Titans going back to the 2021 playoff loss to Cincinnati. But they will have to start producing more in the passing game to get back to the playoffs.
Tennessee Titans injury report:
- OL Peter Skoronski (Abdomen) – Out
- RB Derrick Henry (Toe) – Questionable
- WR DeAndre Hopkins (Ankle) – Questionable
- OLB Harold Landry III (Hamstring) – Questionable
- DL Denico Autry (Foot) – Questionable
- LB Luke Gifford (Quad) – Questionable
- DT Teair Tart (Knee) – Questionable
- WR Kearis Jackson (Ankle) – Questionable
- CB Anthony Kendall (Hip) – Questionable
- CB Caleb Farley (Back) – Out
- WR Kyle Philips (Knee (MCL)) – Out
- DT Shakel Brown (Ankle) – Out
Browns vs Titans head to head record
Cleveland leads the all-time series 36-32. Here are the results of the last 5 matchups:
- 2020: Browns 41, Titans 35 in Tennessee
- 2019: Titans 43, Browns 13 in Cleveland
- 2017: Titans 12, Browns 9 in Cleveland
- 2016: Titans 28, Browns 26 in Tennessee
- 2015: Browns 28, Titans 14 in Cleveland
Key match details
- Date & Time: Sunday, September 24, 2023, 01:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: Cleveland Browns Stadium in Cleveland, OH
- Where to watch match in UK: fuboTV, or other live stream
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!