UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
The Buffalo Bills need to avoid starting 0-2 as they host the Las Vegas Raiders in their home opener. The Raiders were able to win 17-16 in Denver last week.
Buffalo Bills vs Las Vegas Raiders – Game predictions
- 1 Buffalo Bills vs Las Vegas Raiders – Game predictions
- 2 Bills vs Raiders preview – Upset alert for Buffalo?
- 3 Key match details
The Bills are an 8-point home favorite with a total of 47 points. The spread opened Bills -9.5 before moving in the direction of Vegas.
Prediction 1: Bills -8 @ -110 (1.91)
Close games have not been Buffalo’s strength. The Bills lead the NFL with 26 wins of 10-plus points since 2020, which is 7 more than any other team. The Raiders played a league-high 15 close games last season and lost 9 of them. But they came through in Denver last week, a team they have beaten 7 times in a row. The Bills have a pass rush that can disrupt Jimmy Garoppolo’s timing, and Josh Allen should bounce back after turning it over 4 times against the Jets. The Bills should be in a good position to cover here.
Prediction 2: Dalton Kincaid over 28.5 receiving yards @ -110 (1.91)
The 1st-round rookie tight end caught all 4 of his targets for 26 yards against the Jets. Now he gets a softer defense at home that caught a break last week when Denver tight end Greg Dulcich left the game injured. Kincaid played 80% of the snaps against the Jets, which is a good sign he will be on the field often and get his share of opportunities against this defense. He should be able to exceed last week’s stats.
Bills vs Raiders preview – Upset alert for Buffalo?
The Bills joined the Chiefs and Bengals as 0-1 starters last week, the first time since 1982 where the top 3 Super Bowl favorites in one conference all started 0-1. But the Bills had a very self-inflicted loss to the Jets, a tough division foe.
Buffalo Bills form, news and injuries
Allen’s turnovers are obviously a huge story, but it would be a bad look if he did it again when facing a Raiders defense that had a league-low 13 takeaways in 2022 and none last week in Denver. Stefon Diggs will also be looking for a big game after a noisy week in the media involving a hot mic moment with a local reporter. He was Buffalo’s best offensive player in Week 1 and should be good for prop picks in this one too.
Buffalo Bills injury report:
- LB Von Miller (Knee) – Out
- RB Nyheim Hines (Knee) – Out
- TE Zach Davidson (Knee) – Out
- OT Tommy Doyle (Knee) – Out
- LB Baylon Spector (Hamstring) – Out
- WR Justin Shorter (Hamstring) – Out
Las Vegas Raiders form, news and injuries
It was a good debut for Jimmy Garoppolo in Denver, but there are some concerns about the defense as that game featured just 12 offensive drives between the two teams, possibly the fewest in a game in NFL history. The Raiders can move the ball under Josh McDaniels, but it remains to be seen if they can defend too.
Las Vegas Raiders injury report:
- DE Chandler Jones (Personal) – Questionable
- WR Jakobi Meyers (Concussion) – Questionable
- WR DeAndre Carter (Knee) – Questionable
- G Jermaine Eluemunor (Ankle) – Questionable
- G Jordan Meredith (Calf) – Questionable
- CB Brandon Facyson (Shin) – Out
- RB Austin Walter (Undisclosed) – Out
- LB Darien Butler (Undisclosed) – Out
- OT Dalton Wagner (Undisclosed) – Out
- RB Brittain Brown (Undisclosed) – Out
Bills vs Raiders head to head record
The all-time series is tied 21-21. Here are the last 5 matchup results:
- 2020: Bills 30, Raiders 23 in Las Vegas
- 2017: Bills 34, Raiders 14 in Buffalo
- 2016: Raiders 38, Bills 24 in Oakland
- 2014: Raiders 26, Bills 24 in Oakland
- 2011: Bills 38, Raiders 35 in Buffalo
Key match details
- Date & Time: Sunday, September 17, 2023, 01:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: Highmark Stadium in Buffalo, NY
- Where to watch match in UK: NFL Game Pass, fuboTV, or other live stream
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!