UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
All eyes will be on Court Philippe Chatrier as Novak Djokovic and Casper Ruud battle for the 2023 French Open title. Which of these players will be left standing at the end of this match?
The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with the bookmaker before placing the bet.
Novak Djokovic vs Casper Ruud – Match Predictions
As Novak Djokovic looks to maintain his 100 percent record against Casper Ruud, these are our predictions and tips for this match
Novak Djokovic to Win in Straight Sets
We would like to point out that there’s a lot at stake for both players. On one hand, Casper Ruud is vying for his first ever grand slam title. He previously featured in two of the last four grand slam finals, losing both, including last year’s Roland Garros final. On the other hand, Novak Djokovic has the chance to break the record for most grand slam titles; he is currently tied with Rafael Nadal at 22 Majors titles.
Bearing that in mind, it’s important to note that Novak Djokovic and Casper Ruud have squared off against each other a fair few times, and those clashes have not been very pleasant for the Norwegian player. Casper Ruud is currently 0 for 4 against Novak Djokovic; he lost all of the previous clashes between these players in straight sets. Keeping that in mind, we are backing Djokovic to win in straight sets.
Less Than 40 Total Games
Next, let’s take a look at the over/under games market. We’ve already established that we expect this match to end in straight sets. That said, even if all three sets ended in tiebreaks, it would still go under 40 games. As a matter of fact, this match could go over three sets, and still go below the 39.5 games mark. Considering all of the previous skirmishes between these players ended in straight sets, we are taking the under 39.5 games option here.
Novak Djokovic vs Casper Ruud Preview
We’ve established our Novak Djokovic vs Casper Ruud predictions, let’s see how these players have fared en route to the French Open final.
We would like to point out that Novak Djokovic is the only man to reach at least seven finals in every grand slam event; no other player in history has reached six finals in all four slams. That said, the former World number 1 will break the record for most grand slam titles if he wins today; he’ll look to keep his 100 percent record against Casper Ruud intact. These are Novak Djokovic’s results in the previous rounds of this competition:
- Semi-final vs Carlos Alcaraz – won 3-1
- Quarter-final vs Karen Khachanov – won 3-1
- Round of 16 vs Juan Varillas – won 3-0
- Round of 32 vs Alejandro Davidovich Fokina – won 3-0
- Round of 64 vs Marton Fucsovics – won 3-0
- Round of 128 vs Alexander Kovacevic – won 3-0
On the other hand, Casper Ruud will play in his second consecutive Roland Garros final today; he reached last year’s final, losing to Rafael Nadal in straight sets. The Norwegian player has advanced to three of the last five grand slam finals; it’ll be interesting to see if he can get the biggest win of his career here. Let’s see how Casper Ruud has fared so far in this tournament:
- Semi-final vs Alexander Zverev – won 3-0
- Quarter-final vs Holger Rune – won 3-1
- Round of 16 vs Nicolas Jarry – won 3-0
- Round of 32 vs Zhizhen Zhang – won 3-1
- Round of 64 vs Guilio Zeppieri – won 3-1
- Round of 128 vs Elias Ymer – won 3-0
It’s safe to say that Casper Ruud doesn’t particularly look forward to meeting Novak Djokovic on the court. He has faced the Serb four times, and lost all four encounters. In fact, in four previous clashes between these players, Casper Ruud has never won a set.
- 20/11/22 Djokovic won 2-0 (ATP Tour Finals, Indoor Hard)
- 14/05/22 Djokovic won 2-0 (Rome Open, Clay)
- 15/11/21 Djokovic won 2-0 (ATP Tour Finals, Indoor Hard)
- 20/09/20 Djokovic won 2-0 (Rome Open, Clay)
Novak Djokovic vs Casper Ruud Match Details
- When will the French Open final start? The Novak Djokovic vs Casper Ruud match is scheduled for Sunday 11th June, not before 14:00 BST.
- On which court will this match be played? Court Philippe Chatrier will host the Roland Garros final.
- Who do the bookies favour ahead of this match? At 1/5 (1.20), Novak Djokovic is favoured over Casper Ruud, who can be backed at 10/3 (4.33)
- Is it possible to watch the French Open 2023 in the UK? Of Course. This match will be available on Discovery+ for fans in the United Kingdom.
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!