UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
The undefeated New Orleans Pelicans play host to the Golden State Warriors on Tuesday at 1:00 a.m. GMT (Monday, 8:00 p.m. ET) in the Smoothie King Center.
The Pelicans (2-0) enter the contest on a high note after beating the Knicks 96-87 on Saturday. The Warriors (2-1) defeated the Rockets 106-95 on Sunday.
New Orleans Pelicans vs Golden State Warriors game predictions
- 1 New Orleans Pelicans vs Golden State Warriors game predictions
- 2 Pelicans vs Warriors preview: Can NOLA remain undefeated?
- 3 Key game details
New Orleans is a three-point favorite, and the game total is set at 233.5.
Prediction 1: Pelicans to win outright @ -135 (1.74)
New Orleans has proven to be quite a talented team and reckoning force so far this season. They might not contend for the title, but they should certainly make the playoffs with their star-studded “big three” consisting of Zion Williamson, Brandon Ingram and CJ McCollum.
Williamson (23.5 points per game) and Ingram (22.5 ppg) are the primary scorers, followed by CJ McCollum (18 ppg). All five starters have averaged double-figures thus far, with Herbert Jones recording 11.5 and Valanciunas (10).
The Pelicans finished last year with a 27-14 home record, and that was with Williamson missing half the season. The Warriors struggled mightily on the road, finishing 11-30.
This contest is also the second consecutive night in action for the Warriors, so they come in without rest. The Pelicans last played Saturday, so they had one full day of rest between games.
Steve Kerr’s Warriors were 7-8 last year, coming off no rest. Steph Curry (35 years old), Klay Thompson (33) and Draymond Green (33) aren’t getting any younger and should see their minutes monitored in the second night of back-to-backs.
The Pelicans have been excellent defensively and are third in the NBA in points allowed (95.5).
DraftKings moneyline odds in favor of the Pelicans are excellent thanks to other books such as Bovada (-160) and FanDuel (-158), listing them at much steeper odds.
Prediction 2: Game total under 235 @ -136 (1.73)
With the Pelicans ranking third defensively while struggling to put points on the board (103.5 ppg) and ranking 24th out of 30 teams, the under definitely is attractive.
The Warriors have also played well on the defensive side of the ball (rank ninth), allowing just 105.7 points per game. Offensively, they’re 14th, scoring 110.7 points per game.
These two factors, along with Kerr potentially limiting his aging trio’s minutes, make us lean towards the under.
The odds of -136 for the total to be under 235 featured on BetRivers are a fair price, thanks to other books, such as Bet365, listing the same total at -145.
The following trends from Oddshark and Athlon Sports also support the notion of the total hitting the under.
- The total has gone under in 5 of Golden State’s last 6 games on the road.
- The total has gone under in 6 of Golden State’s last 7 games when playing on the road against New Orleans.
- The average point total in New Orleans’ games last year was 6.7 fewer points than the over/under of 233.5 in this matchup.
- The total has gone under in 14 of New Orleans’ last 20 games against an opponent in the Western Conference conference.
- The total has gone under in 4 of New Orleans’ last 5 games.
These American and decimal odds were correct at the time of writing.
Pelicans vs Warriors preview: Can NOLA remain undefeated?
The Pelicans are firing on all cylinders right now, and a win could help down the line if they wish to reach the postseason.
New Orleans news, injuries, and predicted starting lineup
New Orleans is 2-0 against the spread this season.
Pelicans injury report
- SF Naji Marshall (knee) is out.
New Orleans predicted starting lineup:
- McCollum, Jones, Ingram, Williamson and Valanciunas
Golden State news, injuries, and predicted starting lineup
The Warriors are 2-1 ATS in 2023-2024.
Warriors injury report
- The Warriors have no injuries at this time.
Golden State predicted starting lineup:
- Curry, Thompson, Wiggins, Green and Looney
Pelicans vs Warriors head-to-head record
The two franchises split the season series 2-2 last campaign.
Key game details
- Date & Time: Friday, Oct. 27th, 2023 at 1:00 a.m. GMT (8:00 p.m. ET)
- Venue: Smoothie King Center, New Orleans, LA
- Where to watch the match in the UK: NBA TV, Sky Sports, BBC
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!