UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
An interesting fixture is on the cards as Sloane Stephens and Yulia Putintseva take the court on Friday afternoon. Which of these players will secure a place in the French Open round of 16?
The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with the bookmaker before placing the bet.
Sloane Stephens vs Yulia Putintseva – Match Predictions
- 1 Sloane Stephens vs Yulia Putintseva – Match Predictions
- 2 Sloane Stephens vs Yulia Putintseva Preview
- 3 Sloane Stephens vs Yulia Putintseva Match Details
As these players clash for the sixth time in their respective careers, these are our predictions and tips for this match
Yulia Putintseva to Not Go Down in Straight Sets
We would like to point out that Yulia Putintseva has held her own against Sloane Stephens in the past; she has squared off against the American on five previous occasions, and won three of those encounters. As a matter of fact, Putintseva has never lost to Sloane Stephens in straight sets. Keeping that in mind, we are fairly confident that the Kazakhstani will take at least one set from this match.
Over 20.5 Total Games
Next, let’s take a look at the over/under games market. We’ve already established that Sloane Stephens has never beaten Yulia Putintseva in straight sets, despite having faced the Kazakhstani player five times. It may interest you to know that all of the previous five clashes between these players ended in five sets. Bearing that in mind, all of the previous skirmishes between these players went comfortably over 20 games; so it’s no surprise that we’re taking the over 20.5 games option for this fixture.
Sloane Stephens vs Yulia Putintseva Preview
Now that we’ve established our Sloane Stephens vs Yulia Putintseva predictions, let’s see how these players did in previous rounds of this event.
Sloane Stephens had to go through Karolina Pliskova and Varvara Gracheva in the previous two rounds of this tournament; despite her opponents’ best efforts, Stephens knocked them out in straight sets. This will be an interesting fixture, considering Sloane Stephens currently trails the head-to-head between her and her third round opponent; she’ll look to level that record by winning this match.
On the other hand, Yulia Putintseva faced Maryna Zanevska and Qinwen Zheng in the first two rounds of the French Open; although she defeated the former in straight sets, Putintseva needed three sets in order to beat Zheng in the round of 64. As Yulia Putintseva sets her sights on a round of 16 spot, it’ll be interesting to see how she matches up against an in-form Sloane Stephens.
Sloane Stephens vs Yulia Putintseva Head to Head
These players have previously met on five occasions, and Yulia Putintseva currently leads the head-to-head with three wins and two losses. Interestingly, all of the previous clashes between these two ended in maximum sets; Putintseva won their only other clash on clay courts.
- 09/02/21 Putintseva won 2-1 (Australian Open, Outdoor Hard)
- 15/08/19 Stephens won 2-1 (Cincinnati, Outdoor Hard)
- 09/01/19 Putintseva won 2-1 (Sydney, Outdoor Hard)
- 22/05/18 Putintseva won 2-1 (Nuremberg, Clay)
- 07/08/17 Stephens won 2-1 (Toronto, Outdoor Hard)
Sloane Stephens vs Yulia Putintseva Match Details
- When will this match start? The Stephens vs Putintseva match is scheduled for Friday 2nd June, not before 13:15 BST.
- Between these players, who is the favourite? Sloane Stephens is favoured over Yulia Putintseva.
- Is it possible to watch the French Open 2023 in the UK? Of Course. This match will be available on Discovery+ for fans in the United Kingdom.
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!