UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
A tightly contested match unfolded at Kenilworth Road, with Burnley edging past Luton Town 2-1. Lyle Foster and Jacob Bruun Larsen were the heroes for Burnley, each finding the back of the net. Despite Luton’s efforts, they couldn’t overcome Burnley’s resolute defense. The result marked the first win of the season for Burnley in the Premier League.
Luton Town vs Burnley player ratings: Timeline
- 1 Luton Town vs Burnley player ratings: Timeline
- 2 Luton Town vs Burnley player ratings: The Star Man
- 3 Luton Town vs Burnley player ratings: Luton couldn’t secure back-to-back wins!
- 4 Luton Town vs Burnley player ratings: First win of the season for Burnley!
- 5 Final Words
21’ – Bell’s injury forces him off the field, making way for Burke at the 20-minute mark. Medical staff attend to Bell’s ailment on the pitch.
45+2’ – Foster’s clinical finish, assisted by Berge’s precise through ball, puts Burnley 1-0 ahead against Luton. It’s Foster’s third goal this season, giving his team the lead at Kenilworth Road.
84’ – Luton pulls level 1-1 as Chong delivers a precision pass into the box. Burke heads it down to Adebayo, who calmly slots it into the corner past Trafford!
85’ – Bruun Larsen stuns the Kenilworth Road crowd with a magnificent long-range strike seconds after the restart! Burnely leads by 2-1!
The big stat
With this win, Vincent Kompany makes history as the inaugural Belgian manager to secure a victory in the Premier League.
Vincent Kompany is the first Belgian manager to win a Premier League game. 🇧🇪 pic.twitter.com/sotpYJdNLC
— Squawka (@Squawka) October 3, 2023
Luton Town vs Burnley player ratings: The Star Man
Lyle Foster (Burnley) – 8.3
Lyle Foster earns the Man of the Match honors for his pivotal role in Burnley’s victory. He not only opened the scoring but also tirelessly led the line, pressing Luton’s defense, and creating opportunities. Foster’s work rate and crucial goal set the tone for Burnley’s triumph at Kenilworth Road.
Luton Town vs Burnley player ratings: Luton couldn’t secure back-to-back wins!
Luton Town gave it their all but couldn’t quite find the mark against Burnley. They showed real grit in their attempts to level the score but couldn’t quite find the target, with missed headers and shots going wide. Defensively, there were some shaky moments, especially when they conceded that crucial opening goal. In the end, Luton displayed flashes of potential, but they had trouble cracking Burnley’s sturdy defense, resulting in a narrow loss.
Luton Town player ratings
- Thomas Kaminski – 7/10: Made some crucial saves to keep Luton in the game.
- Teden Mengi – 6/10: Solid defensively but offered limited going forward.
- Tom Lockyer – 6/10: A steady presence in defense.
- Amari’i Bell – 5/10: Struggled with an injury before being substituted.
- Issa Kaboré – 6/10: Contributed defensively and in midfield.
- Pelly Ruddock Mpanzu – 6/10: Showed flashes of creativity.
- Marvelous Nakamba – 6/10: Helped protect the defense.
- Alfie Doughty – 6/10: Made some runs down the left flank.
- Jacob Brown – 6/10: Provided energy in attack.
- Chiedozie Ogbene – 6/10: Threatening but missed a crucial header.
- Carlton Morris – 7/10: Led the line well and had some chances.
- Reece Burke (sub) – 6/10: Made an impact off the bench.
- Elijah Adebayo (sub) – 6/10: Provided fresh legs in attack.
- Tahith Chong (sub) – 6/10: Added pace and creativity late in the game.
Luton Town vs Burnley player ratings: First win of the season for Burnley!
Burnley displayed defensive strength and effective midfield play, led by Sander Berge. Lyle Foster’s goal set the tone for their gritty win, and Jacob Bruun Larsen’s spectacular strike sealed it. Burnley’s solid defense thwarted Luton’s attempts to equalize, securing a vital away victory in the Premier League.
Burnley player ratings
- James Trafford – 7/10: Made important saves when called upon.
- Connor Roberts – 6/10: Decent defensively but limited in attack.
- Ameen Al-Dakhil – 6/10: Held his own in defense.
- Jordan Beyer – 6/10: Provided cover at the back.
- Charlie Taylor – 6/10: Solid defensively.
- Sander Berge – 7/10: Played a crucial role in midfield.
- Josh Cullen – 6/10: Worked hard in midfield.
- Josh Brownhill – 7/10: Scored a vital goal and worked tirelessly.
- Luca Koleosho – 6/10: Showed promise on the wing.
- Lyle Foster – 8/10: Scored the opening goal and worked hard.
- Zeki Amdouni – 6/10: Played a part in the offensive efforts.
- Jay Rodriguez (sub) – 6/10: Provided fresh legs late in the game.
- Jacob Bruun Larsen (sub) – 7/10: Scored a sensational goal to secure the win.
- Aaron Ramsey (sub) – 6/10: Helped maintain midfield control.
- Hannes Delcroix (sub) – N/A
Luton Town and Burnley are level on points with 4 each after 7 matches, but Luton holds the higher position in the standings due to their slightly superior goal difference.
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!