UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
Legia Warsaw pulled off a stunning 3-2 win against Aston Villa in a match that had fans at the edge of their seats. The game was a rollercoaster of goals, with both teams displaying their attacking prowess. Ernest Muçi sealed the victory for Legia Warsaw with a crucial brace, capping off a thrilling and memorable contest that will be remembered by fans and pundits alike.
Legia Warsaw vs Aston Villa Timeline
- 1 Legia Warsaw vs Aston Villa Timeline
- 2 Legia Warsaw vs Aston Villa Player Ratings: The Star Player
- 3 Legia Warsaw vs Aston Villa Player Ratings: A Dominant Polish Display!
- 4 Legia Warsaw vs Aston Villa Player Ratings: A Disappointing Start to Their Europe Campaign
- 5 Final Words
2’ – Legia Warsaw takes the lead against Aston Villa as Pawel Wszolek’s precise right-footed strike finds the mark, courtesy of Patryk Kun’s well-placed cross.
6’ – Aston Villa’s Jhon Durán scores with a precise header from the center, leveling the match 1-1 against Legia Warsaw with style.
25’ – Legia Warsaw takes the lead 2-1 against Aston Villa as Ernest Muçi scores with a right-footed shot from the box’s center.
37’ – Aston Villa’s Lucas Digne levels the score 2-2 against Legia Warsaw with a precise left-footed strike from the left box after a set-piece opportunity.
50’ – Ernest Muçi slots home a left-footed strike, assisted by Marc Gual during a swift counter, putting them 3-2 ahead against Aston Villa.
61’ – Injury forces Boubacar Kamara off the pitch for Aston Villa; Douglas Luiz steps in as the substitution.
The Big Stat
In their past 27 competitive matches at home, Legia Warsaw has suffered only one defeat, securing 21 victories and drawing 5.
— Aston Villa Statto (@AVFCStatto) September 19, 2023
Legia Warsaw vs Aston Villa Player Ratings: The Star Player
Ernest Muçi (Legia Warsaw) – 8.5
The man of the match for the Legia Warsaw vs. Aston Villa game has to be Ernest Muçi. He showcased exceptional skill and composure, scoring two crucial goals, including a clinical finish on a fast break. Muçi’s offensive prowess played a pivotal role in Legia Warsaw’s victory, making him the standout performer of the match.
Legia Warsaw vs Aston Villa Player Ratings: A Dominant Polish Display!
Legia Warsaw displayed an impressive performance, showcasing both attacking prowess and defensive resilience. Scoring early through Pawel Wszolek, they maintained a solid presence throughout. Ernest Muçi’s brace sealed their 3-2 victory, securing a memorable win against Aston Villa in a closely contested match.
🇪🇺 Legia Warszawa vs Aston Villa 21/09/2023
“WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE!” pic.twitter.com/iu052bKBxe
— 101% ULTRAS (@101ULTRAS) September 21, 2023
Legia Warsaw Player Ratings
- Kacper Tobiasz – 7/10: Made some important saves to keep Legia in the game.
- Radovan Pankov – 6/10: Defended well but struggled with set-pieces.
- Steve Kapuadi – 6/10: Had a decent defensive performance.
- Yuri Ribeiro – 5/10: Received a yellow card and committed some fouls.
- Paweł Wszołek – 7/10: Scored an early goal and contributed to Legia’s attack.
- Bartosz Slisz – 6/10: Had some good moments in midfield.
- Juergen Elitim – 6/10: Worked hard in the midfield.
- Patryk Kun – 6/10: Showed energy in midfield.
- Josué – 6/10: Tried to create chances but was caught offside.
- Marc Gual – 7/10: Scored a goal and had a decent attacking presence.
- Ernest Muçi – 8/10: Scored a crucial goal and made an impact in attack.
- Makana Baku (sub) – 6/10: Came on as a sub and provided fresh legs.
- Jurgen Çelhaka (sub)– 6/10: Came on as a sub in midfield.
- Maciej Rosołek (sub)– N/A
- Tomáš Pekhart (sub) – N/A
Legia Warsaw vs Aston Villa Player Ratings: A Disappointing Start to Their Europe Campaign
Aston Villa showed grit in a thrilling match against Legia Warsaw. They fought back from an early deficit, with goals from Jhon Durán and Lucas Digne. Despite a valiant effort, they couldn’t secure the win, but their attacking flair and determination were on full display in this exciting contest.
Aston Villa Player Ratings
- Emiliano Martínez – 6/10: Made some saves but conceded goals.
- Calum Chambers – 6/10: Decent defensive performance.
- Ezri Konsa – 6/10: Solid defensively.
- Clément Lenglet – 6/10: Contributed defensively and scored a goal.
- Lucas Digne – 7/10: Scored a goal and provided width in attack.
- Boubacar Kamara – 6/10: Worked hard in midfield before getting injured.
- Youri Tielemans – 6/10: Showed flashes of creativity.
- Leon Bailey – 7/10: Created chances and had a shot on target.
- John McGinn – 6/10: Contributed in midfield.
- Nicolò Zaniolo – 7/10: Showed skill and had a shot saved.
- Jhon Durán – 7/10: Scored an important goal with a header.
- Douglas Luiz (sub) – 7/10: Came on as a sub and had a decent game.
- Moussa Diaby (sub) – 6/10: Made some attacking attempts.
- Ollie Watkins (sub) – 6/10: Contributed after coming on as a sub.
- Matty Cash (sub) – 7/10: Made some defensive contributions.
- Jacob Ramsey (sub) – 6/10: Came on as a sub and had a shot off target.
Legia Warsaw goes 2nd in the group right behind Zrinjski and Aston Villa is at the bottom of the group. Considering this was just the tournament opener, there are ample opportunities for them to stage a comeback in the competition.
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!