UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
Manchester United’s heavy reliance on Andre Onana proved costly, as his error contributed to a 4-3 loss to Bayern Munich. Despite a strong start, Onana’s mistake allowed Bayern to seize control, with goals from Gnabry, Kane, and Tel and now United’s next match against Burnley is a must-win.
Bayern Munich vs Manchester United Timeline
- 1 Bayern Munich vs Manchester United Timeline
- 2 Bayern Munich vs Manchester United Player Ratings: The Star Player
- 3 Bayern Munich vs Manchester United Player Ratings: Musialia’s Marvelous Magic
- 4 Bayern Munich vs Manchester United Player Ratings: Divided They Fell
- 5 Final Words
28’ – Bayern’s opening goal was by Leroy Sane capitalizing on a one-two with Harry Kane and a slip up by Andre Onana.
32’ – Bayern made it 2-0 as Musiala sped down the left, evading Dalot, and set up Gnabry for a clinical finish into the bottom corner.
49’ – Marcus Rashford set up Hojlund in the box, and his shot deflected off Kim Min-jae into his debut club goal.
53’ – Bayern earned a penalty when a header struck Christian Eriksen’s arm in the box. Harry Kane calmly scored the goal.
88’ – Casemiro, while stumbling, managed an unorthodox left-leg shot that found the bottom corner.
90+1’ – Mathys Tel sealed the deal with a controlled finish beyond Onana.
90+5’ – Casemiro headed in a goal for United five minutes into added time, but it proved too little, too late.
The Big Stat
A messy opening for Hojlund
Hojlund, despite being isolated up top, earned his debut goal for United with relentless effort. Although his goal came via a deflection, his second-half performance briefly ignited hopes of a comeback.
Rashford and Martial assists
A Casemiro brace
First United goal for Hojlund
I’m leaving with something pic.twitter.com/hwcBCMDUMc
— 𝗇𝗂𝖺𝗆𝗁 (@niamhutd) September 20, 2023
Bayern Munich vs Manchester United Player Ratings: The Star Player
Jamal Musiala (Bayern Munich) – 9
Jamal Musiala’s performance was exceptional, with a key role in Bayern’s second goal. His flawless execution with agility and his dynamic run in the build-up to Bayern’s second goal was inspiring.
Bayern Munich vs Manchester United Player Ratings: Musialia’s Marvelous Magic
Bayern Munich displayed attacking brilliance and control, securing a 4-3 victory over Manchester United. Leroy Sane and Harry Kane’s partnership capitalized on mistakes made by Manchester United, while Jamal Musiala’s standout performance bolstered their attack throughout the game.
Bayern Munich Player Ratings
- Sven Ulreich – 6: Settled as the game progressed.
- Alphonso Davies – 7: Prevented an early United lead.
- Kim Min-Jae – 7.5: Solid performance.
- Dayot Upamecano – 7: Secured his starting spot.
- Konrad Laimer – 6.5: Strong defensively in the early phases.
- Joshua Kimmich – 7.5: Versatility caused problems for United.
- Leon Goretzka – 5.5: Allowed emotions to get the better of him.
- Serge Gnabry – 7.5: Continued his success against English clubs.
- Jamal Musiala – 9: Impressive and dynamic performance.
- Leroy Sané – 8: Capitalized on a fortunate goal.
- Harry Kane – 8: Played a pivotal role.
- Kingsley Coman (sub) – 5: Couldn’t make a significant impact.
- Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting (sub) – 5: Had late shots on goal.
- Mathys Tel (sub) – 5.5: First European goal with an excellent finish.
- Thomas Müller (sub) – N/A: Made a late appearance as a substitute.
Bayern Munich vs Manchester United Player Ratings: Divided They Fell
United started well with attacking full-backs but suffered from defensive lapses, including Onana’s mistake, resulting in a 4-3 loss. Hojlund’s debut goal briefly boosted hopes, but the pressure on manager Erik ten Hag intensified.
Manchester United Player Ratings
- André Onana – 3: Reputation dented with an unforgivable blunder.
- Sergio Reguilón – 4.5: Played well.
- Lisandro Martínez – 3.5: Booked for a needless challenge.
- Victor Lindelöf – 4: Overwhelmed by Bayern’s attack.
- Diogo Dalot – 4: Couldn’t hold back Musiala.
- Christian Eriksen – 4: Missed his chance and caused a penalty.
- Casemiro – 6: Pressed aggressively in midfield and scored 2 goals.
- Marcus Rashford – 5: Plenty of possession but unremarkable.
- Bruno Fernandes – 4.5: Struggled to make an impact.
- Facundo Pellistri – 5: Started brightly but faded.
- Rasmus Højlund – 5.5: Properly used limited opportunities.
- Scott McTominay (sub) – 4: Brought on to stabilize the situation.
- Alejandro Garnacho (sub) – N/A: A late substitution.
- Anthony Martial (sub) – N/A: Entered the match late as a substitute.
Bayern Munich’s 4-3 victory over Manchester United highlighted defensive vulnerabilities for the latter, with André Onana’s error setting the tone. While individual performances showed promise, addressing defensive issues remains crucial for United’s future matches.
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!