UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
Sparks will fly as Dominic Thiem and Stefanos Tsitsipas take the court on Tuesday. Which of these players will advance to the Wimbledon second round?
The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with the bookmaker before placing the bet.
Dominic Thiem vs Stefanos Tsitsipas – Match Predictions
- 1 Dominic Thiem vs Stefanos Tsitsipas – Match Predictions
- 2 Dominic Thiem vs Stefanos Tsitsipas Preview
- 3 Dominic Thiem vs Stefanos Tsitsipas Match Details
As two familiar foes go head-to-head for the 10th time in the last five years, these are our predictions and tips for this match
Dominic Thiem to Win at Least One Set
To be fair, Dominic Thiem isn’t exactly playing his best tennis at the moment. The former US Open champion is coming into this match on the back of three consecutive losses. Taking that into account, it’s no surprise that Stefanos Tsitsipas is the clear favourite to win this match. However, it’s worth mentioning that these players met at the Mutua Madrid Open just over two months ago, and Thiem won the first set in that match. As a matter of fact, Dominic Thiem has five wins in nine previous encounters with Stefanos Tsitsipas; he won at least one set the last four times these players went up against each other. Keeping in mind that this is a best-of-five tournament, we don’t think the former World number 3 will go down in straight sets.
Over 37.5 Total Games
We would like to point out that previous meetings between these players have not been one-sided. In the last eight encounters between these players, nobody has won back-to-back matches. That said, these players have two wins apiece in their last four skirmishes, all of those clashes ended in maximum sets. Taking everything into account, we are fairly confident that both players will win at least one set; and considering the last four meetings between these players went comfortably above the projected total, we are taking the over 37.5 games option.
Dominic Thiem vs Stefanos Tsitsipas Preview
Let’s take a look at both players’ form ahead of this tournament, now that we’ve sorted out our Dominic Thiem vs Stefanos Tsitsipas predictions.
Things have not gone too well for Dominic Thiem in recent months. The Austrian player has lost three matches in a row, with six losses in his last seven matches. Interestingly, the former World number 3 will open his Wimbledon campaign against a familiar foe in Stefanos Tsitsipas; it’ll be interesting to see how he matches up against the Greek player.
Just like Dominic Thiem, Stefanos Tsitsipas has also struggled to find his stride in recent weeks. The Greek player crashed out in the first round of the Mallorca Open last week, and has lost four of his last five matches. Tsitsipas will hope to get back to winning ways as he takes on a struggling Dominic Thiem on Tuesday.
Dominic Thiem and Stefanos Tsitsipas have clashed a total of nine times in the last five years, and the Austrian player leads the head-to-head with five wins. Interestingly, these players have never met on grass courts. These are the results of the last five clashes between these players:
- 29/04/23 Tsitsipas won 2-1 (Mutua Madrid Open, Clay)
- 15/11/20 Thiem won 2-1 (ATP Tour Finals, Indoor Hard)
- 17/11/19 Tsitsipas won 2-1 (ATP Tour Finals, Indoor Hard)
- 06/10/19 Thiem won 2-1 (Beijing Open, Outdoor Hard)
- 08/08/18 Tsitsipas won 2-0 (Toronto Open, Outdoor Hard)
Dominic Thiem vs Stefanos Tsitsipas Match Details
- When will this match start? This match is scheduled for Tuesday 4th July.
- On which surface will this match be played? The Thiem vs Tsitsipas match will take place on grass.
- Who is the favourite to win the Thiem vs Tsitsipas match? At 1/5 (1.20), Stefanos Tsitsipas is the bookies’ favourite to win this match.
- How can I watch Wimbledon 2023 in the UK? This match will be available BBC and Eurosport UK for fans in the United Kingdom.
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!