UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
The Hamburg Open kicked off this week; and unlike the women’s event, this will is an ATP 500 level competition. A total of 32 players made it through to the main draw, and there are just two left standing. Who will win the Hamburg Open title when it’s all said and done?
ATP Hamburg European Open Predictions – Outright Winner
It’s important to point out that there were eight seeds in this tournament, and most of those seeded players did not go far in this competition. Interestingly, Andrey Rublev and Lorenzo Musetti, two of the top three seeds crashed out in the quarter-final, and there was just one seeded player left in the semi-final. That said, our two finalists are Alexander Zverev and Laslo Djere.
Although Laslo Djere has held his own against some tough opponents in this competition, it’s worth mentioning that the Serb hasn’t fared too well against Alexander Zverev in the past. As a matter of fact, Djere is 0 for 2 against the German, and both losses came in straight sets. Furthermore, Alexander Zverev breezed past all his opponents in this competition, dropping no sets en route to the final; we believe he’ll emerge victorious at the end of this match.
Alexander Zverev vs Laslo Djere head to head
This will be the third encounter between these players. Alexander Zverev and Laslo Djere clashed two times in 2021; at the Acapulco Open, as well as Roland Garros. Alexander Zverev won both skirmishes in straight sets.
- 04/06/21 Zverev won 3-0 (French Open, Clay)
- 18/03/21 Zverev won 2-0 (Acapulco Open, Outdoor Hard)
Alexander Zverev – The Journey So Far
It’s worth mentioning that Alexander Zverev made it through to the final without dropping a single set. The German is still hunting for his first title since he recovered from an ankle injury; he came close a couple of times, reaching the semi-final of the French and Halle Opens. The former US Open finalist will fancy his chances against Laslo Djere.
- Semi-final vs Arthur Fils – won (2-0)
- Quarter-final vs Luca Van Assche – won (2-0)
- Round of 16 vs Max Marterer – won (2-0)
- Round of 32 vs Alex Molcan – won (2-0)
Laslo Djere – The Journey So Far
Just like today’s opponent, Laslo Djere is yet to win a title in 2023. As a matter of fact, the last time the Serb won an ATP title was three years ago. It’s fair to note that Djere eliminated defending champion Lorenzo Musetti; it’ll be interesting to see how he matches up against Alexander Zverev.
- Semi-final vs Zhizhen Zhang – won (2-0)
- Quarter-final vs Lorenzo Musetti – won (2-0)
- Round of 16 vs Guido Pella – won (2-1)
- Round of 32 vs Tomas Martin Etcheverry – won (2-0)
Frequently Asked Questions About the Hamburg Open
- Who won the Hamburg Open title last year? Lorenzo Musetti is the defending champion of this competition.
- Which player is the pre-tournament favourite to win this year’s Hamburg Open? Andrey Rublev is favoured over every other player in this tournament.
- Where can I watch the Hamburg Open on TV? This tournament will be available on Amazon Prime for fans who live in the United Kingdom.
- What will the winner of the Hamburg Open get? This year’s Hamburg Open champion will get €342,500, as well as 500 ATP ranking points.
- How many seeded players are in this year’s Hamburg Open? There are eight seeds at this event.
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!