UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
Brandon Nakashima has a losing record for the season, but he has played excellent so fat at the Shanghai Masters tournament. He will face Zhizhen Zhang in the round of 16 match that can easily go either way. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.
Our favourite Zhizhen Zhang vs Brandon Nakashima predictions
- 1 Our favourite Zhizhen Zhang vs Brandon Nakashima predictions
- 2 Can Nakashima get back into the top 100?
- 3 Key match details
Both players were underdogs in their previous matches but managed to find their way into the round of 16 in Shanghai.
Zhizhen Zhang to win @ 6.5 (2.20)
Zhang is the better ranked between the two and the one with the winning record this season, but given the odds, Nakashima is the favourite to win. Of course, the American lost only two games in the previous round against the World No. 6, but that was more because of Rune’s form than of Nakashima’s brilliance. This match can easily go either way, but Zhang is the one who has been more consistent this season, is obviously in better shape, and most importantly, will have the home crowd on his side.
Over 23.5 games @ 17/20 (1.85)
This is a unique opportunity for both players to reach the quarterfinals in a Masters series tournament, so neither of them will go down easily. They both have solid serves but the nerves will play a major role in this match. It is hard to believe that any of them is capable of closing this match in straight sets, so it will probably go into the decisive one and over 23.5 games in total.
Zhizhen Zhang vs Brandon Nakashima odds
According to the odds, Nakashima is the favourite to win the game, with a 55% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Zhang 45% chance to win the match.
The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and the odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with your bookmaker before placing a bet.
Can Nakashima get back into the top 100?
Brandon Nakashima was a one of the rising stars last season but the 22-year-old, has dropped significantly and now is away from the top 100 players on the tour. Winning this match may bring him back to that line but he will need to finish the seasons trong in order to be back where he belongs.
Zhang is ranked No. 60 in the world, eight spots lower than his career high. The 26-year-old is 33-19 for the season and 10-13 on hard surface.
The Chinese defeated Thomas Martin Etcheverry 4-6, 6-3, 6-4 in the previous round after beating Richard Gasquet 6-2, 6-1 in the first match.
Zhang won the title at the Asian games earlier this season and reached the semifinals in Hamburg.
Nakashima is 122nd in the rankings, far lower than his career best at No. 43 in the world. The American is 14-21 for the season and 10-13 on hard surface.
He is coming off a 6-0, 6-2 win over Holger Rune in the previous round and started with a 6-1, 7-6 win over Bernabe Zapata Miralles in the opening match.
Nakashima’s best result this season was reaching the semifinal in Lyon.
Zhizhen Zhang vs Brandon Nakashima head to head
This will be the first match between Zhang and Nakashima.
Key match details
- Venue: Court 3
- Date & time: Monday, 8th of October, 13:00 GMT
- Where to watch in UK: Amazon Prime
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!