Yannick Hanfmann vs Christopher Eubanks prediction and odds: Shanghai Masters 2023

Yannick Hanfmann vs Christopher Eubanks
Photo by Icon sport

Two players with excellent serves will collide in the second round of the Shanghai Masters tournament. Eubanks is one of the breakthrough stars of the season, while Hanfmann had a couple of huge wins. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.

Our favourite Yannick Hanfmann vs Christopher Eubanks predictions

Check out our tips for the second-round match between Hanfmann and Eubanks.

Yannick Hanfmann to win @ 4/5 (1.80)

Christopher Eubanks is coming back to action for the first time since the US Open, meaning that this will be his first match in over a month. After such a break, his shape is definitely questionable. Hanfmann has been playing in the last couple of months in Asia, which gives him a sort of advantage. The German is more of a consistent player as Eubanks’ level of play often varies depending on many factors. Small details will make the difference in this one, and Hanfmann will be the one to advance.

First set over 10.5 games @ 6/5 (2.50)

Both players have excellent serves and it will take time before anyone breaks. Eubanks have played over 10.5 games in the opening sets of three of his last four appearances and this will be another of those matches.

Yannick Hanfmann vs Christopher Eubanks odds

According to the odds, Hanfmann is the favourite to win the game, with a 55% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Eubanks 45% chance to win the match.

The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and the odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with your bookmaker before placing a bet.

How will the winner play next?

Whoever wins this match will play against the winner of the match between the 8th seed Casper Ruud and Yoshihito Nishioka in the round of 16.

Yannick Hanfmann

Hanfmann is currently 53rd in the rankings and his career high has been No. 45. The 31-year-old is 44-26 for the season and 6-7 on hard surface.

In the opening round in Shanghai, Hanfmann defeated James Duckworth 6-4, 6-7, 6-3.

Last week in Beijing, he went through the qualifiers to lost to Carlos Alcaraz in the opening round, 6-4, 6-3.

Hanfmann’s best result this season were the semifinals in Mallorca and Houston.

Christopher Eubanks

Eubanks is 32nd in the rankings, three spots lower than his career high. The American is 38-22 for the season and 23-15 on hard surface.

He is coming back on the court for the first time since losing in the second round of the US Open to Benjamin Bonzi in four sets.

Eubanks made a lot of noise with his performance at Wimbledon this season reaching the quarterfinals where he lost to Daniil Medvedev. Besides that, his best results include the title in Mallorca and the quarterfinal in Miami.

Yannick Hanfmann vs Christopher Eubanks head to head

Hanfmann won the only previous match against Eubanks. In the first qualifying round at the 2018 Roland Garros, the German won 7-6, 7-5.

Yannick Hanfmann vs Christopher Eubanks
Photo: Jerry Lai-USA TODAY Sports/Sipa USA – Photo by Icon sport

Key match details

  • Venue: Center Court
  • Date & time: Friday, 5th of October, 05:30 GMT
  • Where to watch in UKAmazon Prime

Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!