UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
The final of the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix is scheduled for 12:00 BST. Despite being a WTA 500 event, most of the top players in the world featured in this tournament. We would like to point out that our two finalists are the top two players in the World right now; as World number 1 Iga Swiatek and World number 2 Aryna Sabalenka go toe-to-toe with each other. Interestingly, this is a repeat of last year’s final, as these players squared off against each other 364 days ago. Can Aryna Sabalenka avenge her loss from last year, or will it be business as usual for Iga Swiatek? In this article, we’ll provide our WTA Stuttgart predictions on the outright market.
WTA Stuttgart Predictions – Outright
Aryna Sabalenka has successfully defended her points from last year, reaching her second consecutive Stuttgart final. This will be the Belarusian’s fourth final of the year; she already has two titles to her name, including the Australian Open. It’s important to point out that Sabalenka has been the most consistent player on tour this year; she has played 27 matches so far in 2023, winning 24 of them.
However, it’s also worth mentioning that Sabalenka has struggled against Iga Swiatek in recent years. These players went up against each other six times last year, and Swiatek won five of those encounters. Furthermore, Sabalenka is 0 for 2 on clay courts vs Swiatek; she lost both clay court encounters in straight sets. Although we expect Sabalenka to cause all sorts of problems for Iga, the current World number 1 should ultimately defend her title.
Iga Swiatek vs Aryna Sabalenka Head to Head
This will be Swiatek vs Sabalenka #8. These players have met on seven occasions, with six of those clashes coming in competitive tournaments. Interestingly, six of seven previous clashes between these players took place last year. It’s worth mentioning that Iga Swiatek currently leads the head-to-head between these players, with five wins from seven; she has a 2-0 record against Sabalenka on clay courts, and has won six of the last seven skirmishes between these two. These are the results of the last five encounters between Iga Swiatek and Aryna Sabalenka:
- 23/12/22 Swiatek won 2-0 (World Tennis League, Exhibition)
- 07/11/22 Sabalenka won 2-1 (WTA Finals, outdoor hard)
- 09/09/22 Swiatek won 2-1 (US Open, Outdoor Hard)
- 14/05/22 Swiatek won 2-0 (Rome, Clay)
- 24/04/22 Swiatek won 2-0 (Stuttgart, Indoor Clay)
Iga Swiatek – The Journey So Far
Being the top seed, Iga Swiatek didn’t get to feature in the first round of this competition. Her Porsche Tennis Grand Prix campaign started in the round of 16, where she faced Qinwen Zheng. That said, the Polish ace surrendered just one set en route to the final.
- Semi-final vs Ons Jabeur – won (rtd)
- Quarter-final vs Karolina Pliskova – won 2-1
- Round of 16 vs Qinwen Zheng – won 2-0
Aryna Sabalenka – The Journey So Far
Like today’s opponent, Aryna Sabalenka had a first round bye, being the second seeded player in this tournament. The Belarusian player has faced some tough opposition here in Stuttgart; including former French Open champion Barbora Krejcikova and Paula Badosa. Sabalenka, like Swiatek, dropped one set so far in this tournament.
- Semi-final vs Anastasia Potapova – won 2-0
- Quarter-final vs Paula Badosa – won 2-1
- Round of 16 vs Barbora Krejcikova – won 2-0
Frequently Asked Questions About the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix
- Who is the defending champion of this tournament?Iga Swiatek won the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix last year.
- What does the winner of this tournament get? The winner gets 470 WTA ranking points and $120,150, as well as a brand new Porsche Taycan Turbo S Sport Turismo.
- Who is the pre-tournament favorite?Defending Champion Iga Swiatek is favoured ahead of every other player.
- How many seeded players are in this tournament? There are eight seeds in this competition.
- Where can I watch the 2023 Porsche Tennis Grand Prix in the UK? This tournament will be available on Amazon Prime for fans in the United Kingdom.
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!