UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
We’ve witnessed six rounds of exciting tennis fixtures over the past two weeks, and now the Miami Open women’s event will come to an end today. This has been an interesting tournament, which has featured some major upsets and some very one-sided contests. That said, there are two players left in the draw, and both players will set their sights on the title. In this article, we’ll provide our WTA Miami Open prediction on the outright market; and we’ll go through both players’ respective campaigns in this tournament.
Outright Predictions for Miami Open 2023
We have been impressed by Petra Kvitova’s performances over the past month. She advanced to the quarter-final of the Indian Wells Open, defeating players like Jessica Pegula and Jelena Ostapenko in the process. Furthermore, Kvitova looked really good in this competition, defeating all of her opponents whilst surrendering just one set. That said, she has everything it takes to win the Miami Open title this year.
However, Kvitova is going up against one of the hottest players on the WTA Tour at the moment. Elena Rybakina has been one of the most consistent players this year; this will be her third major final after the Australian and Indian Wells Opens. The Kazakhstani already has one title to her name, and she’s hunting for her second title of the year.
It’s important to point out that Elena Rybakina is currently on an 11 match winning streak. She’s on course to win both Sunshine Double tournaments; a feat achieved by just four players in the past. With that in mind, we expect this to be a tightly-contested fixture, but Elena Rybakina should come out on top in the end.
Elena Rybakina vs Petra Kvitova Head to Head
Elena Rybakina and Petra Kvitova will go up against each other for the third time in their respective careers today. These players previously clashed at the Ostrava Open quarter-final last year, and also at the third round of the Adelaide 2 event in January this year. As it stands, both players have one win apiece in two previous clashes between them. Interestingly, the previous skirmishes between these players ended in straight sets.
- 09/01/23 Kvitova won 2-0 (Adelaide 2, Outdoor Hard)
- 07/10/22 Rybakina won 2-0 (Ostrava, Indoor Hard)
Elena Rybakina – The Journey So Far
- Second round vs Kalinskaya, won 2-1
- Third round vs Badosa, won 2-1
- Round of 16 vs Mertens, won 2-0
- Quarter-final vs Trevisan, won 2-0
- Semi-final vs Pegula, won 2-0
Petra Kvitova – The Journey So Far
- Second round vs Noskova, won 2-0
- Third round vs Vekic, won 2-0
- Round of 16 vs Gracheva, won 2-0
- Quarter-final vs Alexandrova, won 2-1
- Semi-final vs Cirstea, won 2-0
Frequently Asked Questions About Miami Open 2023
- Are there any ranking points for this tournament? Yes, the winner of this event will receive 1000 WTA ranking points.
- Who won the Miami Open title last year? Iga Swiatek is the defending champion of this competition.
- How many players are seeded ahead of this competition? There are 32 seeds at this year’s Miami Open.
- Who is the favourite to win this event? Defending champion Iga Swiatek is favoured over every other player.