Ugo Humbert vs J.J. Wolf prediction and odds: Shanghai Masters 2023

Ugo Humbert vs J.J. Wolf prediction and odds: Shanghai Masters 2023
Photo by Icon sport

Humbert is coming off an impressive win over Tsitsipas and will go against Wolf in the round of 16 at the Shanghai Masters tournament. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.

Our favourite Ugo Humbert vs J.J. Wolf predictions

Both players are coming off wins against the odds, which makes this match difficult to predict.

Ugo Humbert to win @ 13/20 (1.65)

Humbert is having a very solid season, and it seems like finally, he is close to stepping up to another level. The Frenchman is coming off a win against a top 10 player, which is great for his confidence. Wolf also played well in the previous round and if there is one thing the American lacked this year, it is consistency. He has a solid serve and forehand but Humbert is the more complete player and is mentally stronger. That is what will make the difference in this match, and Humbert will advance to the next round.

Over 22.5 games @ 17/20 (1.85)

Both players have excellent serves and with the stakes being high at the Masters quarterfinal, no player will go down easily. Both of them played in three sets in the previous round, and this will probably be another long one.

Ugo Humbert vs J.J. Wolf odds

According to the odds, Humbert is the favourite to win the game, with a 60% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Wolf 40% chance to win the match.

The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and the odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with your bookmaker before placing a bet.

Who is next in line for the winner of this match?

The winner of this match will face the winner between Andrey Rublev and Tommy Paul in the semifinal.

Ugo Humbert

Humbert is currently 34th in the rankings and his career high was No. 25 in the world. He is 40-23 for the season and 16-10 on hard surface.

Humbert is coming off a 6-3, 3-6, 7-5 win over Stefanos Tsitsipas in the third and previously defeated Botic Van Den Zandschulp 6-4, 1-6, 6-2.

Humbert won two challengers this season, in Bordeaux and Cagliari. His best result at the ATP tour was the semifinal in Atlanta where he lost to Alexander Vukic.

J.J. Wolf

Wolf is 51st in the rankings and he has never been higher than No. 39. The American is 28-22 for the season and 16-12 on hard surface.

He has a tough week in SHanghai but managed to go through in three long matches. In the last round, Wolf defeated Matteo Arnaldi, 2-6, 6-3, 7-6. Previously, he came from a 6-3, 5-7, 7-6 win over Cameron Norrie in the previous round after defeating Pedro Cachin in the opener, 3-6, 6-3, 6-4.

Wolf’s best results this season were the semifinals in Atlanta and Dallas.

Arnaldi vs Wolf head to head

Humbert won the only previous match against Wolf. In the second qualifying round for the 2019 Indian Wells, the French man won 7-5, 7-5.

Matteo Arnaldi vs J.J. Wolf
Photo: John E. Sokolowski-USA TODAY Sports/Sipa USA – Photo by Icon sport

Key match details

Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!