Ugo Humbert vs Hubert Hurkacz prediction and odds: Basel Open 2023

Ugo Humbert vs Hubert Hurkacz prediction and odds: Basel Open 2023
Photo by Icon sport

Ugo Humbert and Hubert Hurkacz will face each other in the semifinals of the Basel Open. Both of them have an excellent week, which makes this match tough to predict. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.

Our favourite Ugo Humbert vs Hubert Hurkacz predictions

Hurkacz had a smooth way to the semifinals in Basel and is considered the favourite in the match against Humbert.

Hubert Hurkacz to win @ 3/5 (1.60)

Hurkacz is on the verge of getting back among the top 10 players in the rankings and this is the match that will make that happen. The Polish player lost only one set on his way to the semifinals. He is much more experienced than Humbert and has beaten some of the best players today. Humbert is simply not on this level, and he often has many ups and downs in his play. This is not the stage of the tournament where Humbert will be able to get away with it, and Hurkacz will know how to get to the finals.

First set over 9.5 games @ 1/2 (1.50)

This is a huge chance for both player to get to the finals, something that does not happen often for them. Hurkacz has an excellent serve and Humbert would probably not make any breaks in the match. The Frenchman also knows how to stay in the match and will do that in the opening set just enough to take it over 9.5 games in total.

Ugo Humbert vs Hubert Hurkacz odds

According to the odds, Hurkacz is the favourite to win the game, with a 62% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Humbert 38% chance to win the match.

Who is the next opponent for the winner of this match?

The winner of this match will play against the winner of the match between Felix Auger-Aliassime and Holger Rune in the finals.

Ugo Humbert

Humbert is 28th in the rankings, three spots lower than his career high. The Frenchman is 44-24 for the season and 17-11 on hard surface.

He is coming off a 6-4, 2-6, 6-2 win over Dominic Striker in the quarterfinals. Previously, he defeated Nicolas Jarry and Marccos Giron.

Humbert won two challengers this season in Bordeaux and Cagliari.

Hubert Hurkacz

Hurkacz is 11th in the ATP rankings while his career high was No. 9. The 26-year-old is 43-21 for the season and 23-11 on hard surface.

He is coming off a 6-7, 6-4, 6-4 win in the quarterfinals against Tallon Griekspoor. Previously, he defeated Jan Lennard Struff and Dusan Lajovic.

Recently, Hurkacz won the title at the Masters in Shanghai and also won in Marseille earlier this season.

Hurkacz also reached the semifinals in Stuttgart and Cincinnati and played Novak Djokovic in the round of 16 at Wimbledon losing 3-1.

Humbert vs Hurkacz head to head

Hurkacz won the only previous match against Humbert. In the round of 16 match last year in Halle, the Polish player won 7-6, 6-3.

Ugo Humbert vs Hubert Hurkacz
Photo by Icon sport

Key match details

  • Venue: Center court
  • Date & time: Saturday, 28th of October, 14:00 GMT
  • Where to watch in UKAmazon Prime

Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!