Tallon Griekspoor vs Hubert Hurkacz prediction and odds: Basel Open 2023

Tallon Griekspoor vs Hubert Hurkacz prediction and odds: Basel Open 2023
Photo by Icon sport

Tallon Griekspoor and Hubert Hurkacz will face each other fir the third time this year, now in the quarterfinals of the Basel Open. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.

Our favourite Tallon Griekspoor vs Hubert Hurkacz predictions

Hurkacz had a smooth way to the quarterfinals in Basel and is considered the favourite in the match against Griekspoor.

Hubert Hurkacz 2-0 @ 6/5 (2.20)

Both of the previous matches between these two players were very tight and went all the way to the decisive set. Things look quite different at the moment as the Polish player is in much better shape. Griekspoor won two titles this season and is close to the best rankings of his career, but still, there is a huge gap between him and Hurkacz at the moment. The surface in Basel is perfect for Hurkacz’s style of play and he will take full advantage of that fact and win in straight sets.

First set under 10.5 games @ 3/5 (1.60)

Hurkacz has excellent serve and it will be very difficult for the Dutchman to break his serve, which may not be the case the other way around. The given odds for the total games in the opening set suggest that it may go all the way to the tie-break, but Hurkacz will not allow that. The Polish hammer is in excellent form and will take control of the match with an early break that will keep the opening set under 10.5 games in total.

Tallon Griekspoor vs Hubert Hurkacz odds

According to the odds, Hurkacz is the favourite to win the game, with a 69% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Griekspoor 31% chance to win the match.

Who is the next opponent for the winner of this match?

The winner of this match will play against the winner of the match between Ugo Humbert and Dominic Stricker in the semifinals.

Tallon Griekspoor

Griekspoor is currently 25th in the ATP rankings, one spot shy from his career high. The Dutchman is 37-21 for the season and 14-10 on hars surface.

He is coming off a 6-4, 6-3 win over Alex de Minaur in the second round after previously defeating Thiago Seybold Wild 7-6, 2-6, 6-3.

Earlier this month, Griekspoor lost in the second round in Stockholm, 7-6, 6-2 against Pavel Kotov and defeated Emil Ruusuvuori in the first round, 7-6, 6-4.

Griekspoor won two titles this season. In Hertogenbosch, he defeated Jordan Thompson in the final match and in Pune, he was better than Benjamin Bonzi.

Hubert Hurkacz

Hurkacz is 11th in the ATP rankings while his career high was No. 9. The 26-year-old is 42-21 for the season and 22-11 on hard surface.

He is coming off a 6-1, 6-4 win in the round of 16 against Jan-Lennard Struff. In the opening round in Vienna, Hurkacz defeated Dusan Lajovic 7-6, 6-3.

Hurkacz previously lost in the opening round at the Tokyo Open but won the biggest title of his career at the Shanghai Masters, the week before. Hurkacz  defeated Andrey Rublev in the final 6-3, 3-6, 7-6. That was the second title for him this season after he previously won in Marseille defeating Benjamin Bonzi in the final.

Hurkacz also reached the semifinals in Stuttgart and Cincinnati and played Novak Djokovic in the round of 16 at Wimbledon losing 3-1.

Griekspoor vs Hurkacz head to head

Both players won one of the previous two head to head matches played earlier this year. Griekspoor won in the round of 16 in Halle, 6-3, 1-6, 7-6, while Hurkacz prevailed in the second round of the French Open winning a five-setter by 6-3, 5-7, 6-7, 7-6, 6-4.

Tallon Griekspoor vs Hubert Hurkacz
Photo by Icon sport

Key match details

  • Venue: Center court
  • Date & time: Friday, 27th of October, 13:00 GMT
  • Where to watch in UKAmazon Prime

Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!