Petra Martic vs Coco Gauff prediction and odds: China Open 2023

Petra Martic vs Coco Gauff
Photo by Icon sport

Coco Gauff is coming to this match at the China Open after 13 consecutive wins. Martic has all the experience in the world, but it is hard to believe that she will be able to advance.  Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.

Our favourite Petra Martic vs Coco Gauff predictions

Gauff is the best player at the moment and it seems like no one can beat her right now.

Petra Martic +6.5 @ 13/20 (1.65)

Martic is a veteran who plays very consistently and even though she is not on the level to beat Gauff, she can definitely put on a fight. The given spread of 6.5 games is a little too big and it is a question if Gauff will even push that hard. Given the surface, Martic will be able to hold on to her serve most of the time and cover the spread.

First set over 8.5 games @ 13/20 (1.65)

Gauff is a major favorurite in this match which is evident by the odds. The 8.5 line on the opening set is pretty low and if we look at their previous match, all three sets went over 8.5. Martic will definitely show up ready and no matter how good Gauff is at the moment, she will not be that dominant.

Petra Martic vs Coco Gauff odds

According to the odds, Gauff is the favourite to win the game, with an 91% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Martic 9% chance to win the match.

The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and the odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with your bookmaker before placing a bet.

Can Gauff win three in a row?

Gauff has won the last two tournaments she played at, and those are no other than the Masters in Cincinnati and the US Open. The competition is not as tough in Beijing, so there is no reason why the American can’t win three in a row.

Petra Martic

Petra Martic is 48th in the rankings and her career high is No. 14 in the world. The Croatian is 25-20 for the season and 7-11 on hard surface.

She is coming off a tough match in the previous round, defeating Sorana Cirstea 6-2, 2-6, 7-6.

Martic’s best result this season was the final in Linz where she lost to Anastasia Potapova. She also made it to the quarterfinal in Madrid, losing to Iga Swiatek. Martic’s best result at the China Open was the second round in 2018.

Coco Gauff

Gauff reached the third place in the rankings, the highest she has been in her young career. The American is 46-13 for the season and 34-6 on hard surface.

In the previous round at the China Open, she defeated Ekaterina Alexandrova 7-5, 6-3.

Gauff won three titles this season, the US Open and the tournaments in Cincinnati, Washington and Auckland.

Martic vs Gauff head to head

Gauff won the only previous match against Martic. In the round of 16 in the 2021 WTA Adelaide tournament, the American won 5-7, 6-3, 6-4.

Petra Martic vs Coco Gauff
Photo by Icon sport

Key match details

Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!