Tennis

Nicolas Jarry vs Diego Schwartzman prediction and odds: Shanghai Masters 2023

Nicolas Jarry vs Diego Schwartzman prediction and odds: Shanghai Masters 2023
Photo by Icon sport

Two South American players will collide in the round of 16 at the Shanghai Masters tournament. The Argentinian has a better head to head record, but the Chilean is in much better shape. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.

Our favourite Nicolas Jarry vs Diego Schwartzman predictions

Both players prefer to play on clay but this week in Shanghai proves that they are also good on hard surface.

Nicolas Jarry 2-0 @ 6/5 (2.20)

Jarry is on the verge of getting among the top 20 players in the world for the first time in his career. He has been very solid this week in Shanghai and will try to beat Schwartzman for the second time this year. The Argentinian has seen his career fading down in the last couple of seasons, but he is coming off an impressive win over world No.8, Taylor Fritz. Jarry and Schwartzman have totally different playing styles as the Chilean is one of the tallest and Schwartzman one of the shortest players on the tour. The key point is that Jarry is playing the best tennis of his career and that will be enough to get past Schwartzman in straight sets.

Over 22.5 games @ 17/20 (1.85)

This is a unique opportunity for both of them to go deep into a Masters tournament and will give their best to prove that they belong there. Schwartzman is the underdog here and he can not rely on his serve much. The Argentinian played three long matches this week and knowing how great of a fighter he is, this will be another long battle.

Nicolas Jarry vs Diego Schwartzman odds

According to the odds, Jarry is the favourite to win the game, with a 69% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Schwartzman 31% chance to win the match.

The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and the odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with your bookmaker before placing a bet.

Can Schwartzman get back into the top 100?

Not that long ago, Schwartzman found his place among the top 10 players in the ATP rankings and today he is not even among the top 100. The Argentinian had a major fall in his career and he was not able to return where he belonged. However, there are still many tournaments this season and Schwartzman can at least get back among the top 100.

Taylor Fritz

Jarry is having the best ranking of his career sitting in 22nd place in the world. The Chilean is 40-18 for the season and 13-6 on hard surface.

He is coming off a 7-6, 6-2 win over Lorenzo Sonego in the previous round and he started with a 7-5, 6-2 win over Terence Altmane in the first match.

Jarry won two titles this season in Santiago and Geneve.

Diego Schwartzman

Schwartzman is currently 130th in the rankings and his career high was No. 8 in the world. The Argentinian is 15-26 for the season and 9-11 on hard surface.

In the previous rounds, he defeated Taylor Fritz, Jiri Lehecka and Luca Van Assche, all in three sets.

Schwartzman’s best result this season was the third round at the French Open.

Nicolas Jarry vs Diego Schwartzman head to head

Schwartzman leads 4-1 in the head to head matches against Jarry. The Chilean’s only win came in their last match earlier this year in the round of 16 in Santiago, where Jarry won 6-4, 4-6, 7-6. Schwartzman won the pervious four matches, all in 2018, and all in straight sets. In the opening round in Rome, it was 6-4, 6-1, in the Davis Cup 6-4, 6-4, in the second round in Miami 6-3, 6-1 and in the semifinal in Rio de Janeiro 7-5, 6-2.

Diego Schwartzman vs Taylor Fritz
Photo: Yannick Peterhans-USA TODAY Sports/Sipa USA – Photo by Icon sport

Key match details

  • Venue: Center court
  • Date & time: Wednesday, 11th of October, 05:30 GMT
  • Where to watch in UKAmazon Prime


Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!