Matteo Arnaldi vs J.J. Wolf prediction and odds: Shanghai Masters 2023

Matteo Arnaldi vs J.J. Wolf prediction and odds: Shanghai Masters 2023
Photo: Robert Deutsch-USA TODAY Sports/Sipa USA - Photo by Icon sport

Matteo Arnaldi is one of the breakthrough players this season, something that Wolf was last year. Now the two will face in the round of 16 at the Shanghai Masters tournament. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.

Our favourite Matteo Arnaldi vs J.J. Wolf predictions

For the second time in just two weeks, Arnaldi will face Wolf, hoping for another easy win.

Matteo Arnaldi to win @ 11/20 (1.55)

These two met last week in Beijing and Arnaldi had no trouble moving on with a 6-2, 6-2 win. The result on the scoreboard speaks enough for the shape these two players are in at the moment. They are both talented, Wolf has the better serve, but Arnaldi is better at the moment. This win may not come as easy as the one in Beijing, but the Italian will be the one to advance.

Over 23.5 games @ 17/20 (1.85)

J.J. Wolf was demolished last week against Arnaldi and luckily he didn’t have to wait to long for a chance for revenge. Wolf will serve much better this time and do not allow so many breaks of serve to his opponent. This will be much tougher battle that will probably go into the decisive set and definitely over 23.5 games in total.

Matteo Arnaldi vs J.J. Wolf odds

According to the odds, Arnaldi is the favourite to win the game, with a 55% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Wolf 45% chance to win the match.

The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and the odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with your bookmaker before placing a bet.

Who is next in line for the winner of this match?

The winner of this match will face the winner between Stefanos Tsitsipas and Ugo Humbert in the quarterfinal.

Matteo Arnaldi

Arnaldi is enjoying the highest ranking of his young career being 42nd in the world. The Italian is 49-23 for the season and 21-14 on hard surface.

He needed three sets in both previous rounds to get to this point. First, he defeated Alexei Popyrin 4-6, 6-3, 6-4 and then went past Jan Lennard Struff, 6-3, 3-6, 6-4.

Arnaldi has his best result this season reaching the round of 16 at the US Open where he lost to world No. 2, Carlos Alcaraz. On his way to get there, he defeated Cameron Norrie, Arthur Fils and Jason Kubler.

Arnaldi also won three challengers this season, in Heilbronn, Murcia and Tenerife.

J.J. Wolf

Wolf is 51st in the rankings and he has never been higher than No. 39. The American is 27-22 for the season and 15-12 on hard surface.

He is coming off a 6-3, 5-7, 7-6 win over Cameron Norrie in the previous round after defeating Pedro Cachin in the opener, 3-6, 6-3, 6-4.

Wolf’s best results this season were the semifinals in Atlanta and Dallas.

Arnaldi vs Wolf head to head

Arnaldi won the only previous match against Wolf. Recently, in the first round in Beijing the Italian won 6-2, 6-2.

Matteo Arnaldi vs J.J. Wolf
Photo: John E. Sokolowski-USA TODAY Sports/Sipa USA – Photo by Icon sport

Key match details

Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!