Marcos Giron vs Daniel Elahi Galan prediction and odds: Shanghai Masters 2023

Marcos Giron vs Daniel Elahi Galan prediction and odds: Shanghai Masters 2023
Photo by Icon sport

Two players that are just above the 100th place in the rankings will go against each other in the first round of the Shanghai Masters. Giron is the one who prefers this surface and we will see if that will lead him to the next round. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.

Our favourite Marcos Giron vs Daniel Elahi Galan predictions

Elahi Galan has lost the last three matches on the tour and he will need to step up big time in order to stay longer in Shanghai.

Marcos Giron to win @ 11/20 (1.55)

Elahi Galan has won just over 20% of the matches on hard surface this season which clearly shows his chances against anybody in Shanghai. Giron is very solid on hard having excellent serve and often being efficient on the net. The Colombian player will simply not find a solution for him, and Giron will easily win this game.

Under 22.5 games @ 17/20 (1.85)

As mentioned above, Elahi Galan is not a player who can play consistently on a hard surface. He lost his last three matches against opponents ranked way lower than Giron and he will not stand a chance in this one. Giron knows how to be aggressive and knowing that he has never lost a set against Elahi Galan, makes this choice a logic one.

Marcos Giron vs Daniel Elahi Galan odds

According to the odds, Giron is the favourite to win the game, with an 64.5% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Elahi Galan 35.5% chance to win the match.

The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and the odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with your bookmaker before placing a bet.

Who will the winner of this match play next?

The winner of the Giron vs Elahi Galan match will play the China Open finalist Jannik Sinner in the next round.

Marcos Giron

Giron is currently 82nd in the rankings and his career best was No. 49. The 30-year-old is 24-25 for the season and 11-13 on hard surface.

Last week, he lost to Dominic Thiem in the second round in Astana, 6-3, 4-6, 7-6. In the previous round, he was luckier in the decisive tie break, against another former Grand Slam champion, beating Stan Wawrinka 6-7, 7-6, 7-6.

Giron reached four quarterfinals this season in Munich, Delray Beach, Dallas and Auckland.

Daniel Elahi Galan

Elahi Galan is 91st in the rankings and he has never been ranked higher than No. 56. The Colombian is 25-29 for the season and 2-9 on hard surface.

He comes off three straight losses in Beijing, Chengdu and the Davis Cup.

Elahi Galan’s best result this season was the final in Sarasota where he lost to Daniel Altmaier.

Giron vs Elahi Galan head to head

Giron won both of the previous matches against Elahi Galan. In the qualifying round at the 2021 Halle Open, the American won 6-4, 7-5 on grass. Three years before, in the qualifying round in Los Cabos, Giron won with a similar result – 6-2, 7-5.

Marcos Giron vs Daniel Elahi Galan
Photo: Scott Taetsch-USA TODAY Sports/Sipa USA
Photo by Icon Sport

Key match details

Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!