Magda Linette vs Jennifer Brady prediction and odds: China Open 2023

Magda Linette vs Jennifer Brady prediction and odds: China Open 2023
Photo by Icon sport

Both Linette and Brady have reasons for optimism when they meet in the second round of the China Open. The American is much better in their previous matches but Linette is the one among the top 25 players at the moment. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.

Our favourite Magda Linette vs Jennifer Brady predictions

The match between the two veteran players can go either way but what is certain is that we will watch a tough fight.

Jennifer Brady to win @ 13/20 (1.65)

Brady is far from her prime despite being 28 years old. She lacks consistency in recent season, and this will be her only 12th match in 2023. However, she is in solid form and will go against Linette, a player she knows how to beat. The Polish is ranked much higher but that will not help her in this match.

Over 21.5 games @ 17/20 (1.85)

These two players know each other very well and see this opportunity to make a significant result at a tournament of this level. They both performed well in the first round and will bring their best tennis on Monday that will take this match over 21.5 games in total.

Magda Linette vs Jennifer Brady odds

According to the odds, Brady is the favourite to win the game, with an 60% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Linette 40% chance to win the match.

The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and the odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with your bookmaker before placing a bet.

Can Linette finally beat Brady?

Jennifer Brady has seen a major fall in the rankings but she is still the favourite against the world No. 25. It’s been five years since Linette defeated the American, so this may be the day to repeat that.

Magda Linette

Linette is currently 25th in the rankings, six spots lower than her career high. The 31-year-old is 26-22 for the season and 18-12 on hard surface.

She is coming off a 5-7, 6-1, 6-2 win over former world No. 1, Victoria Azarenka in the first round.

Linette’s best result this season was reaching the final last week in Guangzhou and the semifinal at the Australian Open.

Jennifer Brady

Brady is currently 258th in the rankings and her career high is No. 13. The American is only 6-5 for the season with all the matches being played on hard surface.

In the opening round of the tournament, she defeated Peyton Stearns 6-4, 6-2.

Brady’s best result of the season was reaching the third round at the US Open where she lost to Caroline Wozniacki.

Linette vs Brady head to head

Brady leads 4-1 against Linette in their previous head to head matches. Recently they met in the second round of the US Open, where the American won 6-1, 2-6, 6-2. In the round of 16 in Lexington in 2020, Brady won 6-2, 6-3. In the qualifying round for the 2019 Cincinnati Masters, the American won again, this time it was 2-6, 6-3, 6-4. Her first win over Linette was in the quarterfinals of the Southsea ITF tournament, where the score was 6-4, 6-3. Linette’s only victory over Brady dates back to their first match in the opening round of the 2018 Australian Open, where the Polish won 2-6, 6-4, 6-3.

Magda Linette vs Jennifer Brady
Photo: Geoff Burke-USA TODAY Sports/Sipa USA – Photo by Icon sport

Key match details

Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!