UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
Francisco Cerundolo has been among the Top 20 players in the world but he is still the underdog in the match against Mackenzie McDonald in the second round of Shanghai Masters tournament. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.
Our favourite Mackenzie McDonald vs Francisco Cerundolo predictions
- 1 Our favourite Mackenzie McDonald vs Francisco Cerundolo predictions
- 2 Can Cerundolo be back in the Top 20 after Shanghai?
- 3 Key match details
Both players have reached their highest career rankings this season and they are ready for the challenge that this match brings.
Mackenzie McDonald to win @ 13/20 (1.65)
Cerundolo won the previous match against McDonald this season on the way to the biggest title in his career so far. The Argentinian is the better overall player but he has not seen any success on hard surface. Cernudolo is just 50% in hard this season while the American has a winning record. McDonald is more aggressive often getting out at the net while Cerundolo strictly plays from the base line just like most players from South America. It will be a tight game but the American will prevail at the end.
Over 22.5 games @ 17/20 (1.85)
Neither McDonald or Cerundolo do not look ready to win a match like this in straight sets. There will definitely be ups and downs from both players, and just like their previous match, this one will also go over 22.5 games in total.
Mackenzie McDonald vs Francisco Cerundolo odds
According to the odds, McDonald is the favourite to win the game, with a 60% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Cerundolo 40% chance to win the match.
The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and the odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with your bookmaker before placing a bet.
Can Cerundolo be back in the Top 20 after Shanghai?
Cerundolo is having amazing season and seemingly out of nowhere, he reached the top 20 in the rankings. Recently, he has slightly fallen on the list but a good performance in Shanghai may get him back in the elite company.
McDonald is currently enjoying the best ranking of his career, being No. 38 in the world. The American is 33-27 for the season and 22-13 on hard surface.
In the opening round in Shanghai, he had no trouble against Corentine Moutet winning 6-2, 6-3.
McDonald’s best results this season are the semifinals in Eastbourne and Delray Beach. He also reached the quarterfinals in Zhuhai, Toronto, Newport, Hertogenbosch and Acapulco.
Cerundolo is 21st in the rankings, two places lower than his career best. The Argentinian is 35-22 for the season and 8-8 on hard surface.
This will be his first match after playing at the Laver Cup where he defeated Alejandro Davidovich Fokina 6-3, 7-5.
Cerundolo won the title in Eastbourne this season defeating Tommy Paul in the final. He also made it to the final in Lyon and the semifinal in Bastaad.
Mackenzie McDonald vs Francisco Cerundolo head to head
This will be the second match between McDonald and Cerundolo. The Argentinian won the previous one, 2-6, 7-5, 6-2 in the semifinal in Eastbourne on grass earlier this year.
Key match details
- Venue: Court 3
- Date & time: Friday, 5th of October, 07:00 GMT
- Where to watch in UK: Amazon Prime
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!