UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
Karen Khachanov takes on the challenge of world no. 3 Stefanos Tsitsipas for a place in the quarter-final of the Miami Open. The duo are likely to set up an exciting battle after hard-fought duels in the pervious rounds. Read our ATP Miami Open predictions in this article.
The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with the bookmaker before placing the bet.
Karen Khachanov vs Stefanos Tsitsipas – Match Predictions
Stefanos Tsitsipas To Win
Tsitsipas has been a force to reckon with on the ATP circuit. He has been getting starts in tournaments but failed to build on them. Thanks to a walkover over Richard Gasquet, he has received a leg up in Miami without much suffering. He has won six of his seven duels with Khachaanov and should have enough in the tank to get past him in the third round.
2-1 to Stefanos Tsitsipas
Czeck ace Cristian Garin gave Tsitsipas a tough time in the second round and the pedigree of Khachanov will surely make this bout more interesting. Based on the duo’s recent form, expect a tough battle that extends into the third set. This will be in line with their prior meetings. Khachanov has taken a set of Tsitsipas in four of their five meetings and it will be a likely scenario this time around.
Karen Khachanov vs Stefanos Tsitsipas Preview
Our predictions for this match have now been established, let’s see how these players have fared so far in Miami Open.
Alejandro Davidovich Fokina knocked Karen Khachanov out of the Indian Wells in the second round. He has gone one step further in the Miami Open, the second leg of the Sunset Double. At the Hard Rock Stadium, he has made little work of his rivals. Tomas Martin Etcheverry put up a stiff fight in the first round but the 16th-ranked star easily dispatched of Jiri Lehecka in the previous round.
The Greek star faced a first-round upset in Indian Wells. In Miami, he was fortunate to get a walkover in the first round. He is not at his best and it was witnessed in his laboured win over Cristian Garin in the second round. The 26-year-old Czech ace gave a good account of his abilities, saving three of the five breakpoints but came up short as he could only convert one of the four breakpoints afforded by Tsitsipas.
Karen Khachanov vs Stefanos Tsitsipas Head to Head
This is the seventh duel between Karen Khachanov and Stefanos Tsitsipas. Khachanov has triumphed in one, coming up second on six occasions. The Greek star has had the upper hand in the last four encounters between them.
- 27/01/23 Stefanos Tsitsipas won 3-1 (Australian Open, Hard)
- 12/05/22 Stefanos Tsitsipas won 2-1 (ATP Rome, Clay)
- 12/08/21 Stefanos Tsitsipas won 2-0 (ATP Toronto, Hard)
- 05/03/21 Stefanos Tsitsipas won 2-1 (ATP Rotterdam, Hard)
- 26/06/19 Karen Khachanov won 2-1 (Exhibition Boodles Challenge, Grass)
- 10/10/18 Stefanos Tsitsipas won 2-0 (ATP Shanghai, Hard)
- 09/10/17 Stefanos Tsitsipas won 2-0 (ATP Shanghai, Hard)
Karen Khachanov vs Stefanos Tsitsipas Match Details
- When will this match start? This match starts not before 18:30 GMT on Tuesday, 28th March.
- On which surface will this match be played? This match will be played on an outdoor hard court.
- Where can I watch Miami Open 2023 in the UK? This match will be available on Amazon Prime for fans in the United Kingdom