UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
An interesting fixture is on the cards as Jannik Sinner and Diego Schwartzman lock horns in the second round of the the Wimbledon Championships. Which of these players will emerge victorious at the end of this match?
The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with the bookmaker before placing the bet.
Jannik Sinner vs Diego Schwartzman – Match Predictions
- 1 Jannik Sinner vs Diego Schwartzman – Match Predictions
- 2 Jannik Sinner vs Diego Schwartzman Preview
- 3 Jannik Sinner vs Diego Schwartzman Match Details
As Jannik Sinner and Diego Schwartzman battle for a place in the third round, these are our predictions and tips for this match
Jannik Sinner to Win in Four Sets
We would like to point out that Jannik Sinner has taken on Diego Schwartzman on three occasions, and he won all three clashes without losing a set. However, we have not been too impressed by the Italian player’s really run of results. Sinner has been inconsistent of late, winning just five of his last nine singles matches; he surrendered at least one set in four of his last five matches. On the other hand, Diego Schwartzman is coming off an impressive straight sets victory over Miomir Kecmanovic; and we think he’ll do enough to win his first set against Sinner today. Given that this is a best-of-three tournament, we are backing Sinner to win in four sets.
At Least 32 Total Games
It’s fair to note that the over/under games line for this match is set at 31.5, which we believe is a bit low. As a matter of fact, it’s entirely probable for this match to end in straight sets, and still go comfortably above this line. We’ve already established that we expect this match to end in four sets. With that in mind, we are picking the over 31.5 games option to back up our first Jannik Sinner vs Diego Schwartzman prediction.
Jannik Sinner vs Diego Schwartzman Preview
Now that we’ve sorted out our predictions for this match, let’s see how these players fared in the first round.
Eighth-seeded Jannik Sinner took on Francisco Cerundolo in the first round of this competition; he didn’t have too much trouble dispatching the Argentine player in straight sets, dropping just six total games. Interestingly, Sinner will face another Argentine player today; he’ll hope to keep his 100 percent record against Diego Schwartzman intact after this match.
On the other hand, Diego Schwartzman was the underdog in his opening match against Miomir Kecmanovic; in spite of this, he defeated the Serb in three short sets. This will be a tricky fixture for the 30 year old, as he takes on Jannik Sinner; it’ll be interesting to see how he matches up against the Italian player.
Jannik Sinner vs Diego Schwartzman Head to Head
This will be the fourth encounter between these players, and their third clash within the past three months. Jannik Sinner reigned supreme in their previous three clashes, surrendering no sets to Diego Schwartzman.
- 19/04/23 Sinner won 2-0 (Barcelona Open, Clay)
- 12/04/23 Sinner won 2-0 (Monte Carlo Masters, Clay)
- 24/10/21 Sinner won 2-0 (Antwerp Open, Indoor Hard)
Jannik Sinner vs Diego Schwartzman Match Details
- Who won the last time these players met? Jannik Sinner came out on top in straight sets the last time he faced Diego Schwartzman.
- When will this match start? The Sinner vs Schwartzman match is scheduled for Wednesday 5th July.
- Who do the bookies favour ahead of this match? Jannik Sinner is the overwhelming favourite to win this match.
- Is it possible to watch Wimbledon 2023 in the UK? Sure. This match will be available BBC and Eurosport UK for fans in the United Kingdom.
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!