Hubert Hurkacz vs Thanasi Kokkinakis prediction and odds: Shanghai Masters 2023

Hubert Hurkacz vs Thanasi Kokkinakis prediction and odds: Shanghai Masters 2023
Photo by Icon sport

Two great servers will face each other in the second round of the Shanghai Masters tournament. Hurkacz won both matches against Kokkinakis this season, and the Australian seems ready for a payback. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.

Our favourite Hubert Hurkacz vs Thanasi Kokkinakis predictions

Every previous match between Hurkacz and Kokkinakis has been more than exciting and we expect nothing less at the Shanghai Masters.

Hubert Hurkacz to win @ 11/20 (1.55)

Hurkacz is the better-ranked player between the two and more importantly, the one who plays better when things get heated. The Polish has excellent serve and can rely on that even with the match on the line while Kokkinakis’s nerves can be a problem for him. Hurkacz won both of the previous matches against the Australian earlier this season, meaning that he has everything he needs to win again.

First set tiebreak @ 8/5 (2.60)

Looking back at the previous matches between Hurkacz and Kokkinakis, six of the eight sets they played went into tiebreaks. That sounds pretty unbelievable but that doesn’t change the fact that for the given odds, it is a great deal to play that they will take the opening set to the 13th game.

Hubert Hurkacz vs Thanasi Kokkinakis odds

According to the odds, Hurkacz is the favourite to win the game, with a 64.5% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Kokkinakis 35.5% chance to win the match.

The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and the odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with your bookmaker before placing a bet.

What is Hurkacz and Kokkinakis best results in Shanghai?

Hurakcz best result in this tournament was the round of 16 in 2019 when he lost to Stefanos Tsitsipas. Kokkinakis is back at the Shanghai Masters for the first time since 2014. Back then, he run into Feliciano Lopez in the opening round and lost 6-7, 6-3, 6-4.

Hubert Hurkacz

Hurakcz is 17th in the ATP rankings and his career high was No. 9. The 26-year-old is 34-20 for the season and 16-10 on hard surface.

After the second round loss to Jack Draper at the US Open, Hurkacz played split a couple of matches between the Davis Cup and the Laver Cup.

His best result of the season was the title in Marseille and he also reached the semifinals in Cincinnati and Stuttgart.

Thanasi Kokkinakis

Kokkinakis is currently 69th in the rankings which is his career high. The 27-year-old is 35-22 for the season and 26-14 on hard surface.

In the opening round in Shanghai, he defeated veteran Fabio Fognini 6-4, 6-2.

Kokkinakis’ best result this season was the title at the Challenger in Manama.

Hubert Hurkacz vs Thanasi Kokkinakis head to head

Hurkacz leads 2-1 against Kokkinakis winning both matches this season. In the opening round of the Cincinnati Masters, the Polish won 7-6, 3-6, 7-6 while in the second round in Miami, the score was 6-7, 7-6, 7-6. The only win for Kokkinakis came in the qualifiers for the 2018 Atlanta tournament where the Australian won 6-2, 7-6.

Hubert Hurkacz vs Thanasi Kokkinakis
Photo by Icon sport

Key match details

  • Venue: Center Court
  • Date & time: Friday, 5th of October, 08:30 GMT
  • Where to watch in UKAmazon Prime

Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!