Holger Rune vs Grigor Dimitrov prediction and odds – China Open 2023

Sparks will fly as Holger Rune and Grigor Dimitrov square off against each other on Sunday. Which of these players will be left standing at the end of this match?

Holger Rune Wimbledon
Holger Rune during his match with Grigor Dimitrov – Photo by Icon sport

Holger Rune vs Grigor Dimitrov – match predictions

As these players battle it out for a place in the China Open quarter-final, these are our predictions and tips for this match

Grigor Dimitrov to win @ 1/1 (2.00)

To be fair, Grigor Dimitrov came out on top the only other time these players met, at the Wimbledon Championships a couple of months ago. However, the Danish player hasn’t particularly enjoyed his best form in recent months; he suffered nine losses in his last 10 matches across singles and doubles. Although Grigor Dimitrov has had his fair share of struggles lately, he has fared relatively better than today’s opponent, with three wins in his last four matches. Considering Holger Rune’s recent shortcomings, we are leaning towards Dimitrov for the victory.

Over 22.5 total games @ 17/20 (1.85)

Lastly, let’s take a look at the over/under games market. We’ve already established that these players met once in the past. Interestingly, that match featured two tiebreaks, and it went comfortably above the projected total. That said, while the 22.5 games line seems a little high, we believe that this match will end in maximum sets, going over 22 games.

Holger Rune vs Grigor Dimitrov odds

At 4/5 (1.80), Holger Rune is the favourite to win this match with a 55 percent probability. On the other hand, the bookies give Grigor Dimitrov a 45 percent chance to win this match.

The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and the odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with your bookmaker before placing a bet.

Can Grigor Dimitrov avenge his loss at Wimbledon today?

Now that our Holger Rune vs Grigor Dimitrov predictions are out of the way, let’s take a look at both players’ recent form.

Holger Rune

Holger Rune is coming off an impressive straight sets victory over Felix Auger-Aliassime. The Danish player had lost seven consecutive singles matches before that win. Rune will face another tough test as he takes on Grigor Dimitrov. It’ll be interesting to see how he matches up against the former World number 3.

Grigor Dimitrov

After surrendering the first set, Grigor Dimitrov had to come from behind in order to beat Mackenzie McDonald in the previous round. He has now won three of his last four matches. The Bulgarian will be eyeing a place in the China Open quarter-final as he faces Holger Rune this weekend.

Holger Rune vs Grigor Dimitrov head to head

This will be the second encounter between Holger Rune and Grigor Dimitrov. These players first met at Wimbledon this year, where Rune emerged victorious in four sets.

Key match details

Grigor Dimitrov Wimbledon
Grigor Dimitrov reacts during his match against Holger Rune (not pictured) on day eight of the 2023 Wimbledon Championships at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club in Wimbledon. Picture date: Monday July 10, 2023. – Photo by Icon sport
  • Venue: Diamond Court.
  • Time and date: Sunday 1st October, not before 12:30 BST.
  • Bookies’ favourite: Holger Rune.

Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!