UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
An interesting fixture is on the cards as Holger Rune and Felix Auger-Aliassime go toe-to-toe with each other on Saturday afternoon. Which of these players will come out on top at the end of this match?
Holger Rune vs Felix Auger-Aliassime – match predictions
- 1 Holger Rune vs Felix Auger-Aliassime – match predictions
- 2 Can Auger-Aliassime level the head-to-head between these players?
- 3 Key match details
As these players set their sights on a Basel Open final spot, these are our predictions and tips for this match
Holger Rune to win @ 3/5 (1.60)
We would like to point out that the first encounter between these players took place around this time last year, and it was in this tournament. Holger Rune and Felix Auger-Aliassime clashed in the final of last year’s event, and it was the Canadian player who emerged victorious in straight sets.
However, Auger-Aliassime hasn’t fared too well against his Danish opponent since then; he squared off against Rune two more times, losing both meetings in straight sets. As a matter of fact, Holger Rune defeated Auger-Aliassime just last month at the China Open, in straight sets. All things considered, we are leaning towards Rune for the victory.
Under 24.5 total games @ 8/11 (1.73)
Next, let’s take a look at the over/under games market. We’ve already established that these players met twice, and all three skirmishes ended in straight sets. That said, it’s also worth mentioning that the previous three encounters between these players went comfortably below 25 games.
In the same vein, four of Felix Auger-Aliassime’s last five singles matches were two-setters; and those four matches featured less than 25 games. Considering five of Holger Rune’s last five matches also went under the 24.5 games line, we are taking the under option.
Holger Rune vs Felix Auger-Aliassime odds
At 3/5 (1.60), Holger Rune is the favourite to win this match with a 62.5 percent probability. On the other hand, the bookies give Felix Auger-Aliassime a 37.5 percent chance to win this match.
Can Auger-Aliassime level the head-to-head between these players?
Now that we’ve sorted out our Holger Rune vs Felix Auger-Aliassime predictions, let’s see how these players performed in the previous rounds of the Swiss Indoors Basel Open.
It’s important to point out that Holger Rune came into this tournament on the back of three consecutive losses. However, he has found his stride here in Basel, defeating Miomir Kecmanovic, Sebastian Baez and Tomas Martin Etcheverry. Compared to these players however, Felix Auger-Aliassime will be a bigger fish to fry. It’ll be interesting to see how Rune matches up against the Canadian player.
On the other hand, Felix Auger-Aliassime faced wild card Leandro Riedi, Botic Van De Zandschulp and Alexander Shevchenko in the previous three rounds; he surrendered just one set en route to the semi-final. FAA will face Holger Rune in a repeat of last year’s final; he’ll fancy his chances against the number 1 seed.
Rune vs Auger-Aliassime head to head
This will be the fourth encounter between these players, and their second meeting this year. As it stands, Holger Rune currently leads the head-to-head between these players with two wins from three.
Key match details
- Venue: Center Court.
- Time and date: 28th October 2023, by 15:30 BST.
- Bookies’ favourite: Holger Rune.
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!